AM trimming goof?

As I started inspecting the major pieces, I noticed that the bottom edge of the abdomen piece does not appear to have been cut in the right place prior to shipment.   Did anyone else have this issue?

wonky1_zps210d8202.jpg

wonky2_zpsb25935e9.jpg

What really clued me in is that there is a faint cut line in the plastic, but unfortunately, it was cut much wider here.   You can barely make out the cut line in this pic:

wonky4_zps946ba4dc.jpg

I could cut this line, but then the bottom edge would be too narrow to match the bottom edge of the butt-plate.  I'm not exactly sure how to correct this issue. 

I understand the armor was not designed to be symmetrical in all areas, but this seems like a rather crucial area (my twig and berries!) to get right.

Are other AM-owners seeing the same thing?  Should I see about getting a replacement piece?

Edited by batninja

I trimmed mine down.  Also trimmed down the other have on the butt plate.

gallery_12157_16_50082.jpg

That is a good shot there of the suits.

There is a lot of excess on the AM suits to account for all body shapes and sizes. The thing is to cut it where you want so that it can be in the right area for the back of the butt plate.