storm trooper armor supply list

if this is in the wrong section i am sorry. i want to make my armor from scratch i can do all of the fabric work but i don't know what materials i need to make the armor i have read most of the tuts in my free time in between studying for my collage entrance tests. i read on some how to's on the net and one site says filled your mold with foam another says plastic and for some odd reason a tut on how to make the armor our of card board. i need to get this done by Oct for a charity event that my collage does for kids with mental illness. if there is a supply list somewhere on the forum and i missed it my bad. thanks for reading my nut ball of a topic and thanks in advance for helping me. Oh, the armor design im going with is from a new hope and i wish to make it a decent enough quality that it can get approved by the 501st. again thanks for reading.

Unless you plan on becoming a distributor, the initial investment to make a proper set of ANH armor from scratch and not be guaranteed the right result, will FAR outweigh the cost of buying a set from one of the makers here. Give us your body type and measurement around your belly button so we can better guide you.

will do the measurements after thanksgiving. all of the food that comes around once a year and again thanks for the help. so for the body type (due to various definition by retailers/tailors.) do you want the hight and width? just making sure i have the right definition dont want it to be a tmi situation and happy thanksgiving and i hope yall enjoy this holiday and the next. oops i forgot to add that i am not planning to become a distributer at the current moment but eventuall. the other reason im asking what materials are needed is because i know when i start to build this i will be swarmed in younger sibling and 70+ year old men and maybe a few cousins who will be asking me to make them a set of armor for what ever reason. i want any and all help i can get to make this armor last for at least 10 years.

Edited by shamankid

Not a case of TMI, guaranteed.  Yes, if you can list your height/weight and waist measurement, that will help everyone to offer some suggestions as to which currently available kits would work the best for you to build.

well i can give the height, the weight and waist i need to redo. the last set of measurements are 33 for waist and barely 175 for weight. my height is 5 foot 7. the weight and waist are about 4 years old. i'll give a more updated version after the crazyness that is thanks giving.

At your height and weight, you'd probably have no real issue with most of the armor kits that are available through the vetted list here at FISD, although AP might be a bit on the thin side as it usually gets a bit tight on troopers with a waist around 33 - 34 inches or so.

AM and RT-Mod are going to be too big for you, but you could order one and spend an extra amount of work cutting it down to size and then re-shaping it. I wouldn't do that, but you could if you wanted to. :D

thanks ill start getting price quotes after the holidays or at least after thanksgiving. so what does a standard armor with helm cost basically i just need the plastic parts and anything that i cant use a needle or sewing machine on. i dont mind if i have to trim it either. i read that its cheaper to build the table and the molds at first i was going to do it then the trailer court sent out a notice about how all crafting tables of any kind has to be put in a shed or in the house. well the shed would work if it wasnt full with stuff and the home is to small shoot it can barely fit a family of 6. yea im stayine with my parents as a free housing for collage going into the game design and software creator and from time to time im the babysitter. yes the somewhat lovable older sib. well of to fabric pricing at the local joans in mattoon. wow im already forgetting stuff. will i guess thats to be expected last min cleaning of everything and planning.

Edited by shamankid