What to build with AM2.0

So I've read about as many get started threads as I can stand trying to find my answers so I'm just going to break down and start my own.

I bought the AM2.0 but I don't have my heart set on ANH or ESB just yet. I have read that currently the 2.0 is not approved for centurion on some parts but I'm having trouble understanding why. And I'm not ready to replace everything yet, I just want to build as much of it right the first time around. And get the best suit I can out of what I bought.

So I'll just list my questions.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

For level three certification (if applicable): 

*AM chest plate must be replaced with a more screen accurate version. (and back)

What is not accurate about it? What dimension is off and where is the community database that compiles all of these dimensions.

Same reference.

​On the Shin armor the difference between 501st approval and centurion.

What is the difference between these two standards

*The AM greaves (shins) shall be on the proper legs, with a new cover strip. The cover strip edge shall be facing the inside of the leg.

*Lower legs must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.

Is there not supposed to be a cover strip on the outside like the image on the standards page?

Same reference

Helmet

Correct 'Hovi mic' aerator tips.

That is really vague. How do I know mine are incorrect?

When it comes to the pros and cons of wearing the suit which works better ANH stunt or ESB? From my readings the real differences at the centurion level are based off the differences in quality from the real films. ANH being more rushed; hand painted tube stripes, White elastic holding the shoulder straps, Bicep strap on shoulder bells. Where ESB  seems to be just not made like that. Or not as hasty in my opinion.

My brother whom I also bought a kit for is a monster 6'7". If we have to shim and stretch pieces, what is the best way to do that and keep key dimensions, without voiding any chance of EIB/centurion for him?

Thanks for your help.

Here's a good comparison: The AM is massive and not even shaped correctly while most other armors have a distinct shape.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

A lot of stuff has been updated.  From my understanding, the back plate is the only piece that needed replacing as shown in the above pic.  Now I hear the chest piece as well but I am still trying to find out why, even though I remember reading a post by TG stating that it is Centurion acceptable now.

I would suggest working on reaching IEB status for now, I know TG is working on the replacement back plate.  I am currently awaiting my Standard approval from my local garrison but if you take a look at Fuumantroop's he has just been IEB approved.

As for your brother, there is so much I had to trim off of every piece that he should be ok.  I don't know how much he weighs but there are plenty of topics posted by big guys.

Hope this helps.   Also, there's a few of us AM guys, feel free to hit us up if you are needing help.