Replacing snaps and elastic with straps and clips

I had my first troop this weekend and I discovered a few distressing things about my armor. First off I purchased my armor already assembled (please don't hate me). It came with snaps and these elastic bands. Well the elastic bands weren't strong enough to hold up my thigh armor. The snaps that held my shoulder bells on, and the ones that held my breast plate to my back, kept coming undone. Someone in my Garrison suggested straps and clips, so I went to Wal-Mart and bought polypropylene "utility" straps with quick release buckles. I need to know the best way to remove the old snaps and then the best way to attach the straps and buckles.

post a few pics so we can see how everything is attached. if you know what kind of glue was used that would help. I've been able to pry off glued on pieces, sand the area to remove remaining glue and then glue a new piece. Though it depends on the type of glue used. It its an ABS welder then not sure what you can do. If you have snap points already on the armor, then you just need to make new strapping.