3 quick questions on armor construction / approval

DKMurphy

I have an ATA kit that I am building an ESB TK. I only have the lower arms put together so far and these were done by overlapping the outer piece and gluing it with ABS cement, so I can not unglue it. After reading more tutorials and watching some video's I think I prefer using a finishing strip to join the pieces.

My 1st question is: Can I leave the lower arms as they are and switch to using finishing stips on the rest of the armor and still get approved?

2nd: Can I put a finishing strip on the outside of the lower arm armor and still have it approvable and not stupid looking?

My 3rd question pertains to the trimming. The kit is mostly trimmed with a dremel and is pretty close. There still needs to be some trimming done here and there but all the large pieces are trimmed. Can I use the bend and snap method to do final trimming without messing it up? (In some places it is 1/8th or less that needs to be trimmed now.)

Thanks!

for question 3 just use a sanding drum bit and finish off as needed. the "score, bend, snap" is meant for large chunks that need to be lopped off. you're going to want edges sanded smooth as to not catch and rip holes in the undersuit

Edited by DizzyStormtrooper

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_esb

As per the CRL's you're allowed the overlap method for basic approval, but not for EIB/Centurion. I would decide now what you want to aim for and have all the pieces the same. You will be able to get them apart, it just might be messy and difficult if you choose to go the cover strip method.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_esb

As per the CRL's you're allowed the overlap method for basic approval, but not for EIB/Centurion. I would decide now what you want to aim for and have all the pieces the same. You will be able to get them apart, it just might be messy and difficult if you choose to go the cover strip method.

I can try to pry them apart. I am wondering if I would even get basic approval if I switched to doing the coverstrip method for the rest of the suit?

At this point it has been 2 years and I kind of just want to get it done so I can work the next project, so basic is what I am going for right now.