Templar's 2007 ANH Build

Templar726

My drop boxes had no back so I used a tutorial from The5thHorseman to make my own. Here they are fitted and then drying with the aid of two stir sticks and heavy mug.

15190687311_641699e857.jpg15007048770_d9448cfa21.jpg

I love the Mickey Ears bucket that Laserbrain has so I wanted to try one on my own as a side project while I wait on all my armor items to arrive. Not to step on any toes I ran the idea past him and he was very supportive. Cool guy and great bucket! So my plan is to take a cheap off the shelf Rubbies that I had sitting around and deconstruct it. Put in better lenses, frown mesh, mic tips, and then repaint the whole bucket after building a set of ears with a dome cap. I plan on doing it for around $25 total. Here is a forced perspective picture using my dogs little hat of what I want it to look like when I am done.

15006942379_94c3f5eee7_z.jpg

• Like 1

First step is to pull of decals, sand off all the existing paint, and get ready to cut out the frown. This sham of a bucket does not even have all the teeth cut out and some need to be wider. Drilling in then needle sanding the openings. 

15025304958_d67bb30bde.jpg

Frown is open and all it needs is some touch up teeth sanding. The eyes had the lens bolted through from the outside. Drilled them out now to cut them to fit new lenses I ordered that will go on the inside. 

15188861426_9bb0b7416b.jpg

Here is the fit test for the ears. They will be drilled in place, sanded, back caps installed, and painted to match the mickey cap. And yes those are lids to Cosco chocolate covered nuts. This project has just got $9 more expensive but hey, I have two jars of chocolate covered nuts.  

15208831661_9bb201ba9a_z.jpg

The eyes went pretty smooth. Got them cut out and rough sanded. That is all for tonight. This weekend I plan to sand the whole bucket, once it is good and smooth I am going to assemble and mount inner brackets to hold it all together solid. Once I have it bolted its time for glossy white!!

15211497202_76da3eeff2.jpg

Ears are lids with inner supports glued across and bolted through helm with additional ABS support at bolt holes. I used clear plastic as the backs so I could see where the glue needed to go when I added the cap. I rough sanded the clear plastic to hold the black paint when applied.

15065538939_a7811f9bac_z.jpg

Frown painted. ears painted. False Mic tips painted. vocoder painted. Now to recoat cap and apply empire decal to front and add padding and this baby is done.

15349798442_1632a8ab09_c.jpg

Inside my main AP Bucket. Padding and chin strap installed and Evil Boy dual fans installed. Snug fit but still have to put in the Rom/FX then I am good to go.

15391712255_a6d8237a3f_c.jpg

FX Thermal detonator next to the new and improved AP version on the right. AP TD is smaller and has more detail and matches the specs for the unit. Evil Boy clips installed on the new AP TD and I am done! Completed armor pictures to follow.

15417006721_f22a28a09a_z.jpg 15233638457_b838ddb5f2_z.jpg

Armor is complete. Sent in my test shots and application. Hope it looks good enough!! Fingers crossed.

Edited by Templar726