2nd AM 2.0(ne) helmet build

As my last topic is my AM build and I have just about wrapped up my helmet build with that armor(minus some touch ups), I decided to create a new thread that will only consist of a helmet build.

Basically, I purchased an extra helmet kit from the new AM 2.0 kits JUST in case I had managed to mess up my first build. The only differences between the helmet kits, is this one will not be comprised of mistakes I had learned from my very first helmet build(ever!), and that I had specifically requested THIS kit to include untrimmed ears, so I may learn this process to better assist other members of FISD :) . Do not get me wrong, I am NOT a helmet expert nor do I pretend to be, I just wanted to help anyone who may be struggling(although Darth Vorhees has a great write up as it is).

The helmet kit still has the pre made dimples for alignment and ear installation, but I will be using different lenses, and possibly hand painting the helmet instead of using the decals.

Edited by fuumantroop

I will also be taking my time with this build, as I was rushed to make my first one. Once I begin my armor build, I will try to keep up with this build while my armor is set aside for the E6k to cure.

So, basically just started by gluing the cap and back using E6K, while holding it together with painters tape, magnets, and 2 clamps(one on each side)

8F9F9767-5EF4-4AD3-A34D-CD7436CE9CBD.jpg

E26A7743-4329-4A1A-8916-D106C1312D6B.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend using E6K with this helmet, as the separated cap and back can give you some trouble down the line while trying to align the face properly.

Cap and back are now set aside while the E6K cures.

For the record, and the sake of anyone else checking this helmet build out, E6K=E6000.

That helmet comes with untrimmed ears anyways :P but so far it looks good and good luck with those ears! I've only seen very few make the ears on an NE helmet look right and not huge.

That helmet comes with untrimmed ears anyways :P but so far it looks good and good luck with those ears! I've only seen very few make the ears on an NE helmet look right and not huge.

That might have been the case in the past (re: untrimmed ears), but not since the run in July.  

IMG_1988_zpse6d66c24.jpg

These are as they came straight out of the bubble wrap.

The first helmet I built came with trimmed ears exactly as pictured above. I think when they were selling the NE armor, it did originally come with untrimmed ears.

When they made the revisions to the AM armor and brought it back, they replaced the old AM bucket with the NE helmet and shipped them with trimmed ears.

Thanks! This is unfortunately the easy part of the build lol. Well, easier at the least :) now that I have gotten one other under my belt.

That's great that the ears come trimmed, good for beginners cause the NE helmet is where beginners mess up on ears.

Yeah, although I think when they trimmed them, there might have been a little room for further trimming (because they don't fit perfectly as is) which might still lead to confusion.  But I think part of the rite of passage for a TK regardless of their armor manufacturer seems to be the ear trimming!

Yeah, although I think when they trimmed them, there might have been a little room for further trimming (because they don't fit perfectly as is) which might still lead to confusion. But I think part of the rite of passage for a TK regardless of their armor manufacturer seems to be the ear trimming!

Yep that's true, I need to trim one of my ears down it's too fat but of course I don't know how to approach it yet.