Painting problems

Alright, so I would first like to express a debt of gratitude to all those who helped me with my ear-cutting question. They look much better now, after following some well put advice. :D

Now to business. Painting this SOB is a pain, downright. I'm no dunce when it comes to painting, but I've tried two different paints (Valspar plastic, and Valspar high-gloss laquer), every painting technique I can think of, and about 10 hours trying to give it an even, semi-glossy coat, but everytime there are ugly runs all over this thing.

I'm sanding it down now, and plan to try primer which is what I probably should of done in the first place, but any advice on the matter, or especially paint suggestions, would be greatly appreciated. :)

Murphoid said:
Alright, so I would first like to express a debt of gratitude to all those who helped me with my ear-cutting question. They look much better now, after following some well put advice. :D

Now to business. Painting this SOB is a pain, downright. I'm no dunce when it comes to painting, but I've tried two different paints (Valspar plastic, and Valspar high-gloss laquer), every painting technique I can think of, and about 10 hours trying to give it an even, semi-glossy coat, but everytime there are ugly runs all over this thing.

I'm sanding it down now, and plan to try primer which is what I probably should of done in the first place, but any advice on the matter, or especially paint suggestions, would be greatly appreciated. :)

For my Helmet(s), I used :

Make sure you sand, primer, sand, sand, sand, then Paint. :D

Just my 2 cents..