Counter Size

Hey all,

I just added a counter to my hengstler and wanted to get some thoughts on the number size....Doing this gave me a lot of grief! I had a lot of trouble cutting out the hole in the ABS piece. Since it gave me so much trouble, when I finally had a nice cut, I found the hole a little bigger than I wanted so I made the numbers a little bit bigger to fit the hole. Now after a while since working on it, I'm wondering if its okay....As you can see, I applied putty and waiting it to dry so I can sand it down and paint.

Any thoughts of on the counter size? Will it have any affect on getting Centurion status?

Thanks to all...

IMG_1965_zps968b7685.jpg

Edited by Slangen

Won't have any trouble seeing those numbers...  :)

If it helps for comparison, an original Hengstler window is 9mm X 35mm.

Looks like you're about 15mm X 40mm?

I don't know if it will affect getting centurion.

Could you fill the excess with putty and file to the correct size with needle files?

Never thought of that! I may give that a try....thx

Edit update....I took the counter piece off and filled it in with putty! I had gotten a template from SIMpixels when he sent me the counter numbers jpg he made but the outer area of the counter window was a little short. I'll be referencing that again!

Thanks again for the putty idea Aaron, one of those things should have thought of! :duim:

Edited by Slangen

Hopefully the putty will have sorted it out for you.

Just as a side note...

When I was doing the research for my counter mod, Vern kindly measured up and posted the dimensions for me

Original dim request thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21494-hengstler-face/?p=266918

Then I created the template for cutting the resin out:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21433-simpixels-e-11-doopy-build/?p=270319

I made the actual number image itself 0.5mm smaller than the window opening to allow it to fit in easier (which is helpful if the rebate isn't quite sharp at the inner corners). Also, on the flat grey parts of the number image, you'll see that the edges at the start & end of the number aren't as wide as the parts above & below the number. This is so that it looks more in keeping with an original Hengstler (to my eye at least).

Hope you get it sorted out OK.

Si.

Hopefully the putty will have sorted it out for you.

Just as a side note...

When I was doing the research for my counter mod, Vern kindly measured up and posted the dimensions for me

Original dim request thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21494-hengstler-face/?p=266918

Then I created the template for cutting the resin out:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21433-simpixels-e-11-doopy-build/?p=270319

I made the actual number image itself 0.5mm smaller than the window opening to allow it to fit in easier (which is helpful if the rebate isn't quite sharp at the inner corners). Also, on the flat grey parts of the number image, you'll see that the edges at the start & end of the number aren't as wide as the parts above & below the number. This is so that it looks more in keeping with an original Hengstler (to my eye at least).

Hope you get it sorted out OK.

Si.

Thanks Si, especially for the notes. I think I'm going to start fresh with a new piece of abs and file the window Dow. To where it needs to be using your template...I'll putty what need to but starting fresh will be easier...

You would need some incredible amount of creativity with the numbers to not qualify for Centurion.

Thanks Steve for confirming . Can't get the accurate look let alone be that creative lol

I finally got it right....Most of the weekend I tried getting the counter window size right, couldn't do it. I just did it in half an hour! Doing this stuff is loads of fun but sometimes.... :blink:

IMG_1976_zps7f4afe45.jpg