The most accurate sizes for shims please.

Hi every one I am in the process of building my 2mm TM armour all the trimming and sanding is done. the next thing to do is make my shims. I was going to do 15mm for the biceps and fore arms and 20mm on the thighs and shins. can any one let me know if these are the correct sizes or are there more accurate sizes

Biceps 15mm

fore arms 15mm

thighs 20mm

shins 20mm

Are these the right sizes. Thanks

The back of the shins "should" be 25 mm to better hide the opening. But all these measurements are relative. The original suits were a little all over the place and if you need larger you can go larger. But at least try to keep the proportions.

Hi Mathias its me Paul you had your hands on my TM armour at the London excel it looks awesome now its all trimmed and sanded. Do you have any tips on cutting the shims. As I am a vinyl fitter I am pretty handy with a knife I was going to cut them with that or do you have any other tips.

Thanks for reminding me about the back of the shins as well that's a big help and it was good to meet you. Thanks

Hi Mathias its me Paul you had your hands on my TM armour at the London excel it looks awesome now its all trimmed and sanded. Do you have any tips on cutting the shims. As I am a vinyl fitter I am pretty handy with a knife I was going to cut them with that or do you have any other tips.

Thanks for reminding me about the back of the shins as well that's a big help and it was good to meet you. Thanks

Ah! Hi there! Good to have you over here. :)

For cutting the strips, I would recommend a sturdy box cutter and a steel ruler. It needs to be metal or you will be cutting into the ruler, and nobody wants that.

You will probably have the best results using the score and snap technique. IE make one or two shallow cuts, and snap the plastic along the score line and it will break where you cut it. Like how you cut glass panes.

If you are cutting longer strips, make sure you clamp the one side side to keep the ruler from sliding as you cut. Make sure your blade is sharp as heck

You read my mind that's exactly what I was going to do and if you have any tips on building armour I would be very grateful. Any tips what so ever I need all the help I can get as this is my first full build of armour I have ever done.

Cheers..

You read my mind that's exactly what I was going to do and if you have any tips on building armour I would be very grateful. Any tips what so ever I need all the help I can get as this is my first full build of armour I have ever done.

Cheers..

If you use E-6000 you can quite easily (with effort but without destruction) take things apart if you feel you need to redo them. For example if your biceps turn out to be too large in circumference.

Marking out cuts with a pencil first helps while you are thinking things through. And don't worry too much, almost anything can be saved. And make a build thread to document, ask questions and it also helps the rest of us here give you pointers at each step, but also warn you if you are about to make a mistake.

Yeah, E-6000 is much safer. It has a long cure time, but don't worry about that. It's better not to stress before you are absolutely sure what you are doing and are an experienced builder. Neodymium magnets are a great aid when gluing those long cover strips as you can put more consistent pressure across the whole length of the strip by spacing out several of them. They come in different strengths (and are cheap on ebay). Get at least N38 (max is N45). But be careful as they can easily jump across a table and pinch you pretty bad.

Hi guys I have got magnets for the shims but I got N52 are they to strong. As I thought the stronger the magnet the better.

and I Evan good trooping with you at the London Excel.

Wrap them in painters tape. It helps protecting them from shattering. Plus, you can make pull tabs out of some extra tape.