Skygunbros-Custom-Creatures RMQ Helmet v1

Over the last few days I have been looking around for photo references to help build my helmet. After asking for some input from the original group of troopers, here is what I have for mine.

I started with the raw casting & used Easy Off Oven cleaner to remove the release agent, The Easy Off was recommended by Skygunbros & it works really well.

IMG_0450_zps9840b27b.jpg

Also included are 2 side aerators and one center aerator

IMG_0455_zps6751a36e.jpg

Here it is with the neck opening trimmed, mold seam sanded down, & eyes cut open and sanded.

IMG_0452_zps47bf9cf5.jpg

Here it is after the base coat of white gloss:

IMG_0456_zps9cfb9877.jpg

Here is where I had issues. I looked at all the pics from Celebration Germany and I could not find out the details for the mouth and back of the helmet. Here is what I found from Jon Farmer. The teeth, chin & slots on the side under the temple are gray, as well as, the tube stripe on the back of the helmet & the 2 rectangle boxes near the bottom are also gray.

IMG_0457_zpsabb8bf73.jpg

IMG_0464_zpsb81a85e1.jpg

The stock aerators for the sides I got a bit creative. I painted them white but the top I painted black, glued on a piece of a kitchen strainer & then topped it off with a keychain ring for a bezzil. The center one I painted white as well but left it alone (almost like if it was a control knob.)

IMG_0463_zpseb1f80a9.jpg

The only part that has to be added that is not painted are the ear designs and the RMQ triangle w/ 6 stripes. The decals are $10 & come from order6t6.com they look like this:

MQTK-2013_zps4af012fa.jpg

the red triangle sits in the center of the gray triangle.

{photo of complete helmet coming soon}

• 3 months later...