legitimate soft parts website?

hello everyone... new to the forums, and I recently placed an order for my armor kit. all I need are the soft parts and accessories. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the items on this website, and whether or not they are 501st approved. Jedirobe----------

it appears the boots are a no-go, since apparently the U-shaped elastic part on the side is required. my main question is with regards to the E-11 and it's holster, the Neckseal, and the canvas belt. otherwise, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get 501st approved versions of these items.

on a side note, what's the difference between the ANH hero, ANH stunt, ESB and ROTJ trooper armors? near as I can tell, the only difference is the hand-guards

best regards,

hopeful future recruit.

edit: one final question... what's the difference on the 501st site between the 501st, level 2, and level 3 certification, other than degrees of accuracy?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

You can find a fully assembled E-11 on here for cheaper. I know Darth Voorhees is selling them for 175. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27284-dvh-assembly-finishing-service/

TKittell offers belts for $33. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19803-fs-white-canvas-belts/

The holster looks iffy, and its an ESB variant. I got my fully assembled ANH E-11 holster from Darman. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16744-leather-e-11-holsters-35/

I'm not sure about the neck seal, it looks like a hero variant. I got mine off trooperbay for about 50 and it is fully woven, no leather. http://trooperbay.com/stormtrooper-neck-seals/

As for the armor types, ANH Stunt is most popular one seen in A New Hope. It features a long, grey frown, hand painted decals, flat dark green lenses, and latex handplates.

ANH Hero is an ANH Stunt with a shorter frown, bubble lenses, different style ears, and different neck seal.

ESB is an ANH Stunt recolored with a black frown, vinyl decals, different style holster and clamshell handplates.

ROTJ has so many differences it is hard to cover here, 

Edited by Grimez

Welcome Ben, to the FISD!!!

As you've already received answers to your direct questions, I'm not going to go into any of that, other than to say that you did the smart thing in asking here about the sit. Where did you order your armor kit from?

Wise words above.

edit: one final question... what's the difference on the 501st site between the 501st, level 2, and level 3 certification, other than degrees of accuracy?

You've already answered yourself here - basically levels of accuracy and detail.

Troopergear? I haven't heard of them, or are they one of the guys selling NE armor?

Apparently they sell AM sets. Pretty sure I heard of them from this site. The guy I emailed sent this as an example ----------

Edit : hasn't been sent yet, but I posted an initial deposit. Should be ready around June.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

A few threads come up when you search  ----------. Armor should be fine, the helmet doesn't get much rap though.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Yeah, I intend to get another helmet soon. The price difference between the full set with helmet and the partial set was so small I figured, why not? Never hurts to have a spare bucket.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk