Wedding at Perth Zoo March 2014

Had the pleasure of attending my first wedding troop, Phil the groom is a massive Star Wars Fan, just wrangled all weekend at OZ Comic Con for us, he will be getting a costume very soon ;)

EVENT: Phil and Shonelle's wedding
LANDSCAPE/WEATHER: outdoors/perfect weather

TROOPERS:

Brett - Synkro - TK22252
Liz - Liz - TB13310
Glen - Gmrhodes13 - TK85421
Aaron - Darth Reign - TK77620
Michael - Chivo - TK4582

REPORT:
Troopers arrived at the Perth zoo 11.30. After a quick dig through my crate it became apparent that I'd forgotten my neck seal but with some quick thinking my neck was soon wrapped in black duct tape and the illusion was complete. The troops welcome guests as they entered the lovely Japanese gardens. It was a beautiful wedding and as the bride made her way to the front two troops stood guard at the start of the red carpet. After the signing was complete the Star Wars theme song was rocked out by the very talented harp player.

Two TK's were requested by the bridal party to join in for photos at a few locations around the zoo however more photos were taken with the public. It was a great sight seeing two stormtroopers hanging off the back of an electric powered golf cart. There was almost a similar moment of a certain trooper hitting his head on that Death Star door but in the form of a low branch.

A quick regroup with the others back at the reception and we all presented the groom with his imperial marriage certificate which he was very happy with and wanted to frame right away. We were asked to join in for a few refreshments and photos out of costume and to wait around until the speeches were done where the groom openly thanked us for donating our time and informed everyone that as well as his own personal donation he'd also made a tin to pass around to all his guests.

All donations will be going towards heartkids and will be added to the oz comic con total. Thankyou all who attended

null_zps65f59b8c.thumb.jpg.6501ee7c41d6f90837df91efc2f06ba3.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Looks like a good time was had by all - and donations for heartkids, to boot!

Win-win!

Congratulations to the happy couple, and the happy Troopers!  Duct tape...  Dedication.