Centurion approval judge input requested - assembling ATA bicep armor with larger cover strips

Hi guys,

I'm assembling a set of ATA armor for the first time and have run into a dilemma that I need your input on. The bicep pieces will not fit me if I were to do the 16mm cover strips. After sizing them up to fit properly I would need approximately 35mm on both the front and back. As I understand it, I have two options:

1. Use a standard 16mm cover strip in the front and make up the difference in the back with a larger cover strip to make the bicep piece fit properly.

2. Use equal-sized cover strips in the front and back. These would likely be around 35mm wide each.

Alternatively, I assume that I could use a 16mm cover strip but have a larger ridge that it goes over top of instead of having them be the same size as per the discussion in this thread regarding the thigh cover strips: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25603-tk-31198-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-ata108/page-2

Which option is preferable here? Eventually I would like to go for Expert Infantryman or Centurion status which is why I'm asking for input from a Centurion judge. 

post-12041-0-72749300-1395124425_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you gave an interesting build going on. One thing to remember is that the ridges on YOUR biceps were not present on the original costume as you see (or not see) in the screen grab. Just because those ridges are there does not necessarily mean the entire ridge needs to be covered. To be honest, a 35mm strip on your biceps would look way too distracting and unlike the film which is what an accuracy award is shooting for. The finish strips on the biceps should match the forearms. Have you built those yet?

Thanks for the speedy reply! I have indeed built the forearm pieces. I was able to make the forearms with the standard 16mm cover strips. Does that mean I should make the bicep cover strips 16mm to match?

Sorry I just realized that I posted pictures for ants. Here is the link to the album containing the pictures that you won't have to squint to see.

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Bumping. I still need to know if 16mm cover strips will be acceptable on the bicep armor pieces if the ridges need to be larger than 16mm to fit properly for potential EIB and Centurion approval down the road. 

You also might want to get rid of the return edge on your biceps.

They helped me fit into mine without the need of overly large cover strips. It looks like from your photos that you still have the full reutrn edge and that eats up space.

KBqIduP.jpg