Thoughts on female armor question

I've been reading a lot on here about the different types of armor which is made and sold or could be made. I'm having a hard time figuring out which would be right for my build. I'm a little short to be a stormtrooper :). I'm only 5'3" and I'm a little heavy at 180lbs and 24 years old. Now that said I also have big boobs a D cup and was wondering if that was also a big factor in just buying a regular trooper costume. I know they could be tapped down but would it be beneficial for me to modify a suit I get or would it fit me the way I am, that is if I can find a suit at all.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

I might be taking the necessary steps to get this Fem armor and helmet done. At this time I am thinking about making the size range some where around 5'1" - 5'8". This will be a Vac-formed ABS kit. Considering the way it will need to assemble it will need to be painted due to the seamless look on some of the parts, similar to clones.

Ladies if you are interested in this please let me know and also let me know how tall you are and your waist size. If you want to send your measurements to me in a PM that is fine. The sooner I can get this info the sooner I can start if there is enough interest.

I have also posted an interest thread on the main boards...

http://www.501st.com...p=979457#979457

Thanks

Kevin W.

Found this on the Jes Gistang research tread. Good luck.

Jason-

Edited by Cantina Security

Kayla, are you looking to do a movie stormtrooper or a Fem trooper (the non-canon girl-style)?

Just so you know, the Fem trooper won't be 501st approved.

You can make the armor fit you if you are willing to trim and do a little extra work to ensure it all comes together correctly. I am 180lbs but taller, and there are bigger guys than me who make it work. And plenty of shorter people. 

As for the bust size, I wear as tight a sports bra as I can squeeze into and still breathe well, and unless I wear my Aker amp under my chest piece you can't tell at all. The shape of the chest piece has some space in it to give the illusion (for men) of well-built pecs (aka strength). I don't think you'll have too much trouble with it.

Kayla, are you looking to do a movie stormtrooper or a Fem trooper (the non-canon girl-style)?

Just so you know, the Fem trooper won't be 501st approved.

You can make the armor fit you if you are willing to trim and do a little extra work to ensure it all comes together correctly. I am 180lbs but taller, and there are bigger guys than me who make it work. And plenty of shorter people.

As for the bust size, I wear as tight a sports bra as I can squeeze into and still breathe well, and unless I wear my Aker amp under my chest piece you can't tell at all. The shape of the chest piece has some space in it to give the illusion (for men) of well-built pecs (aka strength). I don't think you'll have too much trouble with it.

movie style trooper not a fem trooper. Ok well thank you for the input it helps a lot!! I just now need to find armor. :). I was hoping to find armor and possibly buy or find ways to build by May 4th but idk if that will happen.

first thing to do is contact certain vendors on the "Types of Armor and Where To Get Them" Thread on Getting Started. Which ones depends on a few things.

For you I'm straight out not going to recommend AP (even though I love it) because it tends to have "skinny people" parts and I had to shim all my stuff to make it fit my bigger body.

Second but more importantly it depends on what your movie will be - if you are doing the very common "stunt" stormtrooper from A New Hope (ANH) or the "hero" version or the Empire Strikes Back version you'll need to get certain types of armor. Most armors fit this description. If you want Return of the Jedi there are a few that are more specific to that type, but the others can be adapted to some degree by adding the lip around the edges of the armor etc. Personally I like the ANH Stunt best. :) It gives you a lot of flexibility to cut things the way you need them to fit you just right.

• 2 months later...