Jedi Robe Armour

I am inline for some new armour. Waiting patiently for TM. In the meantime I am thinking of modifying my Jedi Robe armour to try and make it 501 approvable . Would any of you fellow troopers be interested in me making a modify thread on this?. Basically so everyone can see what this package is all about?

Cool, everywhere i look i can find nothing on this stuff. All i can do is make it better and show everyone what this suit is, even if it is not the best, this is the spot for critique, and i can certainly get pointed in the right direction here. I am making adjustments already, starting on the forearms. Waiting on some parts and such. I have a photo or two on my introductory thread, just for starters. I am getting the hang of navigating the site and should be able to post progress in photo form. I look forward to the input.

Velcro is how this thing is strapped, which for some things it seems acceptable. The calfs do ok, since I need to open them to put them on. The forearms, I'm thinking I may glue, although the Velcro does make adjustments easily. The rest of the suit is just plain noisy with Velcro, so I may try and glue as much as I can. Looking into E6000 or something comparable . Anyone have a link for the rare earth magnets?

Trooperbay.com carries some of the smaller rare earth magnets. I didn't use magnets on my build though, so I don't know what size other troopers have used.

http://trooperbay.com/?s=magnets&x=0&y=0

Good luck with your build!

I started out with a Jdi robe armor, I modified for 501st standard, but only trooped in it once, since I got TM instead. You can see my comparison thread here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18754-commercial-vs-fan-made/

• 2 weeks later...

I started out with a Jdi robe armor, I modified for 501st standard, but only trooped in it once, since I got TM instead. You can see my comparison thread here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18754-commercial-vs-fan-made/

Thanks for the comparison Morten :)

I wonder if jedirobe is aware of all the comments and comparisons and have even made an effort to re-sculpt their molds.

I really dont think so. Dont think they care enough, and there will always be some people bying from them, because they dont know about FISD or the 501st(like I did when I bought mine). So as long as it sells, they will likely just keep it as it is.

I really dont think so. Dont think they care enough, and there will always be some people bying from them, because they dont know about FISD or the 501st(like I did when I bought mine). So as long as it sells, they will likely just keep it as it is.

Right , all I saw was 501 , trust us, the most accurate armor available., total B.S. I purchased the armour then went to the 501 sites, totally the wrong order. All I can do is learn from the situation and modify the armour. I sent them an email the other day, asked , what type of plastic are you using for your armour? They replied with, " our manufacturer will not disclose the actual material used " like its a secret or something, I then asked , what is actually reduced with the reduced size armour, they responded with , " calfs , shins and forearms."

Lesson learned. Still awaiting my slot with TM....

If you still havent modified it. RETURN IT! The material cracks easily and can be glued with regular model glue. I used Humbrol Hobby plastic glue for mine, but I cant remember what the exact material used, is called. poly styrene or something...

I purchased it in October, do you think they would still take it back? It still looks cool in my office...but not as cool as my RS TD , or my ESB TK from TM will look... Anxiously awaiting TM, think I will send him another message. RS contacted me, they are done with the build, weathering now , and assembling back pack.... Man o man..., in the meantime I have been building a Kev series season 4 clone grunt shock trooper. Pretty cool, keeps me busy , and my mind of the other builders... Until I get on here, lol...