never seen this voice changer before

----------

at first I thought they were repackaged cheap effects boards but there's videos of the vader one and the expensive vader one on YouTube which both actually sound really good. Couldn't find any more info on the stormtrooper. The bane one is just a mild robo mixed with the input. Curious if the stormtrooper has the "intercom" like quality (not static burst).

Might end up picking one up just cuz I like to F around with electronics.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On the description it reads:

(...) If you are a serious 501st, then check out the high end unit sold elsewhere on Ebay, as you get what you pay for, and the High end unit is Amazing. (...)

So I guess one is considered warned of what to expect. One thing I know is that you get what you pay for, and good stuff rarely come cheap, sadly!

I did find a video for the Vader version on youtube, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQPIm4s-Y7Y

That's why you actually do some work for once and break out the soldering iron lol. you can even break open a Hasbro blaster, switch out the speaker with a headphone jack, and connect it to the aker :)

If you've seen my armor you'd know one does not simply accept something as is out of the box haha

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got one, basically sounds like a drive thru intercom with the treble turned up, or a cheap walkie talkie. Not exactly stormtrooper like, but a quiet biker scout. It's audible but I doubt people can make out exactly what you're saying because of it's slight distortion. You also have to have your lips pressed to the mic as 9 volts isn't enough to power the mic well enough to pick up sound from a few inches away. IMO not worth 35 bucks, maybe 20 at the most shipped. It's a dandy little thing I can still toy with, I'll eventually wire it to my external amp along with the Hasbro changers.