first build - TK - RS Props - PVC

ISBEAR

Hi, After seeing sooooo many trooper with shiny armor, I could resist, so I bought a RS Props master kit. (PVC)

This build is going to take a long time since I have a lot of school work. I'm looking forward to putting this together, but Im not certain how much I should cut off etc... (this isnt going to go fast because of my lack of experience and courage)

You can also look at the pic in my previous post and try to have everything to spec: clips, control board, cap ends and pipe the exact same dimensions as seen. 

I may paraphrase myself but, try to be faithful to the screen appearance, and the measurements would be more relative than exact. Example: if you need to shorten your pipe, as well as overall length, so that the space between the cap fully placed and the edge of the board when perfectly centered, matches half the width of a metal clip to match the appearance in the movie, then do it. But try the exact measurements first, you can also look at this which gives some dimensions for the TD------------

Maybe this formula is good?

Measure the pipe with the end caps on, measure your metal clips, measure your control board. Then:

total length = end cap + (clip width)/2 + control board + (clip width)/2 + end cap
<=>
end cap = (total length - clip width - control board)/2
Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you drill an air relief hole under the control panel. It makes it easier to put the caps on the sides. They fit so well, when you put the one side on, it pushes the other side off. Caps on first, then control panel