Ab and Kidney Plate Rivets

I am about to rivets in place for the elastic to connect the left side together. I marked with "x" where each of the six rivets will go.  I placed them 10mm from the edge and equally spaced them about 4.5cm apart.  Does this look correct?  If you see my thumb that is the top part of the side.  In the other pics, the top rivet looks closer to the top of the side seam but then they are not equally spaced.  I am going to be using 1" width elastic.

3_AbRivet_zps832a6b16.jpg

4_AbRivet_zpse318ad45.jpg

1_AbRivet_zps55a4037c.jpg

5_AbElastic_zps25947070.jpg

Just a question, I know this is NE armor. Are you a larger trooper that needs the extra plastic on the sides? If not, the kidney can be trimmed down along that ridge down to the little "corner" at the bottom. Glad the horseman filled you in on the rivet placements. You had them way too close together

Yes, I am a bigger trooper.  I am 6'3" and around 230lbs (give or take a few pounds).  I used some painters tape to test fit sides and the stock material seems like enough to cover my sides.  I will be drilling and riveting tonight, thanks for the help.  I will relocate my rivet locations, top and bottom will be moved closer to the edge (thinking about 15-20cm from edges).