alternative trooping gear

this is more of a 501st question but since you can't post on their forums until you join, and i'm just starting my build now, i will ask it here.

i know some of you have acheived EIB or centurion status and that is really cool but do you then have to troop with the same approval gear? example: would i have to use the rubber gloves or non-hasbro blaster for appearances. is it frowned upon or unacceptable to use more comfortable (less accurate) gear or does that violate your certification?

of course you would always maintain 501st standards.

this is more of a 501st question but since you can't post on their forums until you join, and i'm just starting my build now, i will ask it here.

i know some of you have acheived EIB or centurion status and that is really cool but do you then have to troop with the same approval gear? example: would i have to use the rubber gloves or non-hasbro blaster for appearances. is it frowned upon or unacceptable to use more comfortable (less accurate) gear or does that violate your certification?

of course you would always maintain 501st standards.

No, you don't have wear an EIB or Centurion approvable suit once you get the status.  Most people you'll troop with don't even know or care about the EIB or Centurion levels.

I've never deviated from the EIB standards once I achieved them on a troop, but that's just because I haven't found a reason to yet.  If I find some gloves that are more comfortable than my current ones that aren't EIB approved I'll likely let my comfort trump the accuracy and wear them.

I however, definitely take a different set of gloves on troops (with the non-flexible handguards), and I use my Hasbro conversion out in public, instead of my all-resin.  If a kid bumps me wrong and I drop that thing, I don't think the iComm can filter out the profanities that will ensue.

that's great. :dancing-trooper:

i'm just starting out so trying for centurion from the get-go would be the best approach,

but trooping is the ultimate goal for me and having an E-11 with lights and sound would be more fun for the kids.

I would go all-out accurate for comi-con/celebrations and other "educated" audiences.