E11

Buck10

Hey, could I have everyone's take on this please, as I'm really tempted to pick one up.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=121156348441

It is not a high res picture, but it definately looks the part, eventhough it lacks a number of small details, and the description sounds good. At that price I would say go for it!..you will not be able to build it cheaper yourself:-).. Edited by SorenM

It is not a high res picture, but it definately looks the part, and the description sounds good. At that price I would say go for it!..you will not be able to build it cheaper yourself:-)..

There are a load of photos on the full site, looks good and the guy is willing to ,make any adjustments required. Ive been told power cells need shortening

There are a load of photos on the full site, looks good and the guy is willing to ,make any adjustments required. Ive been told power cells need shortening

Aaaa did not see those pics...there are several things that can be changed..I am convinced it is ok for trooping as is, butfor accuracy there are plenty to tweak/change,.....

For possible changes take a look at some of the builds in the weapons section, Simpixels and Ossus are antastic builds

Thanks' they are fantastic builds. I'm going to buy one of these, if anyone can suggest some straight forward adjustments for accuracy please let me know. I've suggested power cells be made slightly shorter, not sure though' any advice much appreciated. If its good as is for trooping that's good for me too :0)

Edited by Buck10

Yes, the price is great, but...

Non serrated rear site. The muzzle orientation is not right. Not all of the holes drilled under the T-tracks.

That is what I see wrong, may be some other things I don't know yet.

Totally we have the blaster for $110 plus making changes - cutting, drilling, glue, painting. Going back to $100 DVH kit with the same actions to do.

post-18652-0-77931500-1377297883_thumb.jpg

post-18652-0-71895100-1377297929_thumb.jpg

Okay you asked for details..remember that for initial entrance into the 501st. No weapon is needed but, a Hasbro conversion is good enough, and the one you are referring to here, eventhough it has numerous inaccuracies is good enough as it is...I still suggest that you try and make your own comparisons, between this one and for instance Simpixels or mine, so that you will see the differences yourself...:-).

Here goes:

Screws on the folding stock attachment needs filling, powercells too long, nuts on powercells too large, as Ales says muzzle details are mirrored, and no visible ventholes under the T-tracks, powercell wires too thick, attaches in the wrong place on the powercells, and are the wrong colour, front part of scope should be smooth not serrated, rear attachment socket on scope too large, decal in scope incorrect, "thingy on magazine side is missing, rear sight lacks serration on the rear part, trigger is wrong shape, front sight is massive should be open with more detail, magazine end should not have a screw but a "button", and it should be off center, and the magazine bottom have cutoff edges, Hengstler counter should have clear glass window and visible brass screws, trigger guard a little out of shape, spring has too few coils.....but like I said in the beginning..it is good enough as is for trooping......

This is copied from the CRL

"

Optional Accessories

Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval, but if present must meet the guidelines below.

BlasTech E-11

For 501st approval:

Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

For level two certification (if applicable):

Folding stock (does not need to function).

A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.

D-ring mounted on the rear.

Correct style scope.

Two power cylinders on the magazine housing.

Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).

If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster and you cover all the rows of holes, the blaster will have 7 T-tracks total. But, if you want to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total) with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side, then you shall cover the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, and grind off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drill a new row of holes in its place.

No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster.

For level three certification (if applicable):

Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.".

Edited by SorenM

I've been lurking for some time and I still don't know what a greeblie is.

"The Greeblies were a German punk band, circa 1968-1971. They had a small cult following of devoted fans here in the states who changed fashion history forever by gluing small, seemingly random bits of junk all over their clothing. These fans, calling themselves "Greebs", were known to run wild after concerts, accosting innocent passers-by, shouting incoherently, and doing generally naughty things. 

The band's leader, Myopis Punderheimer, encouraged these antics, stating once, "Hey, it's all about the bits and pieces, isn't it?"

Sadly, the band broke up, choosing to follow "Solo" projects."

Source:  http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f32/what-greeblie-8627/

"The Greeblies were a German punk band, circa 1968-1971. They had a small cult following of devoted fans here in the states who changed fashion history forever by gluing small, seemingly random bits of junk all over their clothing. These fans, calling themselves "Greebs", were known to run wild after concerts, accosting innocent passers-by, shouting incoherently, and doing generally naughty things. 

The band's leader, Myopis Punderheimer, encouraged these antics, stating once, "Hey, it's all about the bits and pieces, isn't it?"

Sadly, the band broke up, choosing to follow "Solo" projects."

Source:  http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f32/what-greeblie-8627/

Muahahaha....:-)

Many thanks for your input. Having given it some thought, going to pass and build a kit form blaster by the looks of it :0)

A wise decision if you ask me:-).. And building is so much fun!..plenty of inspirational threads as to how to assemble and tweak:-)....the doopydoos is a solid kit, but from the looks of it the DVH is really really cool:-)

• 2 weeks later...