Installed Fans...

Hey TK's,

Just showing how I installed my first set of fans in my first Helmet build....

One Pic is of the Custom ABS bracket I made to hold the Fans and On/Off Switch,

2- 12V fans running on 2- 9V batteries off to the sides velcro'd on...

The Other Pic is of the Fans Installed...I used the Mic screws to Bolt onto and install...

With the placement of fans, the Air is pushed up into my face to the forehead area, and I wear glasses so should help with that, Planned on wear this Helmet for maybe 1/2 Hour watching t.v or something to test it out, but seams pretty good so far...

Only issues is a real low Humming from the fans, but don't thing that will be an issues in a loud environments...

Any thoughts ? Questions ?

post-18961-0-05880800-1376958654_thumb.jpg

post-18961-0-52501200-1376958658_thumb.jpg

Edited by 23vince23

Looks good, as long as you get the airflow happening then you should be fine, most try to aim their fans upwards for more circulation :D

tried playing around with different angels with these fans, it was a really tight fit inside this ATA helmet..

Didn't think i had a Big head but guess so, so I decided to make this bracket type system, easy to remove just 2 nuts, and the Airflow it nice , straight to my mouth and nose area and feel it flowing up my face, no lens fogging or anything so far..

Try running 4 x AA's. the sound drops considerably and there may be enough air flow, though I see you are using square fans instead of blowers. The AA's will last a lot longer too.

Nice rig though. Have you tried it with a mic inside? Wondering if the sound of the fans is audible.

Edited by Echo

I will try the AA method, or switch out for smaller Fans for a bit more room...Haven t tried with a Mic yet...

I made a few custom ABS brackets for the fan placements....

I get nice airflow, just the dang Humming,,,