NE helmet build (needing help)

Hey all, Ive just got the brown box in the mail and I am eager to get started with this build. The only issue I am seeing is that no matter where I look, I can not find a helmet guide for a NE build. I'm not sure if I'm blind or what, but I just don't know where to start on this. This is my first build and I'm good with my hands, but with something like this I don't want to risk messing anything up.

So, Can anyone point me in the right direction? My first thought is to trim the sides so that they fit to the trapezoids (as mentioned in the brief instructions that were emailed to me by TG).

Pics to come of what I plan on doing and what it looks like untrimmed. The blue tape signifies where I will be trimming. Ill be trimming slightly larger than needed.

post-18990-0-33065700-1374278470_thumb.jpg

post-18990-0-34619000-1374278488_thumb.jpg

post-18990-0-51208900-1374278502_thumb.jpg

post-18990-0-66569700-1374278513_thumb.jpg

hey steve i was running into the same problem with building a fellow garrison members helmet and this what i found.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23893-samurais-ne-armor-build/page-2

hey steve i was running into the same problem with building a fellow garrison members helmet and this what i found.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23893-samurais-ne-armor-build/page-2

Kecro, thanks for that link. That should prove handy and completely changed how I was thinking about going about trimming the excess sides. I've just glued the back and dome together, and so later this weekend Ill work on the ears. Tomorrow Ill be working on the teeth area after a trip to the hardware store, since my files are MIA.

be careful on trimming that since you've glued the top and back together.  I had a little tough time with the one i'm working on wish i had just taped it instead would have been easier.  just take your time and go slow trim little at a time to be safe.

So since last night Ive hit a wall and I dont know what to do. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach the face to the rest of the helmet itself. Ive trimmed the sides to match the traps, and I cannot find anything on attaching the face plate.

I need some help here..

8JGDgHG.jpg

my5nKFN.jpg

Now If I push the face to where it should be like so:

BVDXsEK.jpg

Then the bottom does not line up at all, and looks awful on the side like so:

RMUGU78.jpg

c1twHVt.jpg

What do I do?

Not that I'm aware of, You'll have to do a test fitting and adjust from there. It took me 4 trimmings to make it just right.  Keep trimming (little by little)  til they slightly line up then sand the remainder down, so you don't cut too much off.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hobgoblinsteve; you did exactly what I did for my helmet, Now I leave this up to you, but I sanded down the sides were I cut to make it more smooth, but then again no one will see them anyway.  As far as the ear caps go (I will try to post pics) take your time. DO NOT CUT TOO DEEP INTO THE EAR CAP, Otherwise they'll become too weak and will crack upon assembling the Helmet.

Don't get frustrated when seeing a gap between the ear caps and tube, It is the molding, not your doing, besides there are gaps the OT Helmets (see screen cap reference pics )

Coming along... ;)

Edited by cerillo