Close to screed used boots perhaps?

Hi guys, been looking around for a pair of screen accurate boots, or maybe the Stuart brand ones which was used in the movies(if im not mistaken). But lets face it, those will be most difficult to come by. And i know that Loakes are a pretty good mach, but very pricey. I also know that TM has mentioned they could be cheaper if you get used ones, but even then its still pretty rare. So i scouted out for some other Chelsea or Jodphur style boots and came along these. I know that they are not the real deal, but i think its a close match... what do you think?

T2eC16ZE9s2fDO8VBRbmCQgW2w60_3_zps63a2004b.jpg.20b654f89b65147c2fbf9a8b86f69f83.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

so if you have black boots like these and  need to paint them white , how do u do it ? please get back to me as i am goin to get mine  in the mail this weekend  and want to work on them and get them finished , thx Rick Ferguson at  602 695 4467 also scotlandferguson@yahoo.com

You will need to knock the shine down and remove any waxes with acetone or paint thinner. Most hobby stores carry leather paint (Michael's in the Chicago area) and this dabbed with a sponge, will you the look you seek

We dyed Kathy's Chelsea boots from black to white.  The secret is in the preparation before applying the white dye.  We used super strength Acetone nail varnish remover and a scourer to remove all traces of polish from the leather.  When this was done and the boots were completely matt we used the preparer that came with the Tarrago white dye.  We then used five coats of the white dye (allowing it to dry completely before reapplying the next coat).  She has trooped about 20 times in these boots with her TK and they are still going strong!    :)

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 7/10/2013 at 2:50 AM, nai-retep said:

We dyed Kathy's Chelsea boots from black to white

Boots look awesome Ian. can you tell me where i can find the Tarrago white dye, I cant seem to find them... Thanks mate :salute: