Shopping list for AP kit?

My kit has been formed and hopefully now in little boxes on its way over to Australia, while I wait, has anyone compiled a list of widths/lengths/amounts of any velcro/straps/extra bits for a successful and accurate build? Or is my best bet to scour the forums with a notepad and doodle down what people are using?

Depends on how you want to build it, screen accurate or easy to wear. I personally like the screen accurate way and I think it is comfortable. also depends on your body height and weight, I am lucky I am the perfect height and weight. I am currently helping a new TK and he is 6'1 and probably 165. We are using the screen accurate metal brackets and elastic for the chest, back, cod piece, butt plate, ab and kidney. The the white elastic for the shoulders and black nylon for the side clam shell. I would go the the TK information post, DDays ongoing resources and look at all the stuff members on here are selling to make your kit more accurate. Then go to the how to section and there is everything on there to show you how to put it all together. At lastly if you are stumped ask away and I am sure somebody will and can help you. Good luck and take your time, I can make a kit in two weeks but that is doing it every day for four hours, since you are new take your time measure twice and cut once.

Luckily at 5'11 and around 150 pounds, I'm not too deviant from the stock stormtrooper, and being a bartender by night I have quite a bit of the daytime to adventure around for various bits and pieces so in the meantime I'll watch the tutorials and see what parts are accessible down here

Then you are the perfect fit for AP armor as that is my kit also, just make sure you put it together using the butt joint method. all you really need to buy is white elastic for the shoulder straps and the drop boxes and shin closures. Then nylon for the thigh straps and side closures. Finally black elastic for the cod piece to butt plate. Then some off white or white duck cloth(canvas) for the belt and sew on Velcro. I would not use any other Velcro for the rest of the armor the helmet I would get better aerators and green welding lenses.

I would also get the proper split rivets for the side and cod, and the proper ammo knee rivets. Here is where I would go and see what is best to use, I would buy these so you buy the right ones first instead of buying twice and having to redo It.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/6-ddays-combined-on-going-accessories-listing/

That's quite handy, I've got aerators, darker green lens as well as the paint kit on its way from trooperbay, but was quite lost when it came to appropriate split rivets and other joinings. Just eagerly awaiting the post man to bring everything now.

Don't buy stuff until you know what it is and why you buy it. So if something confuses you, wait up and read some more. Chances are you'll find some post somewhere explaining that piece.

Then nylon for the thigh straps and side closures.

Why's that? You had the other parts right, but the real suits had no nylon anywhere. And if you're a slim guy there's absolutely no need to use something non-elastic to force the parts shut.