JP's doopydoos E11

J-P

I started with the front site 

So far this part needed the most work to grind out . Saw alot of different finished products on FISD and they all varied 

so i just stopped when i thought it looked ok

ground a piece of flat head screw driver for the sight

Also i had big plans of pinning all my parts aswell as glueing. Had a drama with this piece my plan all went pearshaped .

so i just glued it.

tbh i'm now think that pins aren't really going to make much differences for most of the parts. (time will tell if im right)

ekCPiPv.jpg

This piece took way more research time then i was planning .

My delema was where exactly were. the Magazine release button and powercell fuse, suppose to be mounted on the magazine receiver.

again looking at other builds i found so many slightly different positions most of which conflicted with how i would have naturally positioned them if i wasn't trying to follow instructions.

on my magazine receiver there was a circular mark i believe to be the position for the release button but if i put it there i felt the powercell fuse would look different to the majority if finished builds ive now researched.

So in the end i just followed my gut put the button on the mark and put the powercell where it fit best from there.

FnNsJ5c.jpg

uqPhhyH.jpg

I swore for the first time putting this togther.

i had glue and rubber bands every where and parts slip sliding around ......which you can probly see the excessive glue in the photos.

whilst i researched i discovered that the piece i thought was part of the charging handle and would got inside the main barrel was actually the rear stock catch  ;) 

so i figured i could wack it on and the grip handle at the same time.

both have marks for positioning on the barrel.

i carved them both a little . just rounded them out a bit for a better match to the barrel .

then glued and used rubber bands to fix in place.

again they moved around alot getting them into place adn i spread alot of glue which i just cleaned up abit with a rag 

i had planned to definetly pin the grip handle but choose not to (hope i dont regret this)

HPUqY6o.jpg

My first mistake , Maybe.

in one of my favorite e11 build threads the guy(dont know his name right now soz) hollows out the folding stock front piece.

he'd used a dremel tool to do this.

i'd just bought a dremel today and remember earlier seeing the same bit and thinking wtf is that bit used for.

so naturally i was into it drilling and boring away full steam .

i made a meal of it . it looks terribad. im hoping i can hand file it flatter and after the paint job it wont stick out as bad as it does right now.

i figured id spent enough time today and just wanted to not touch the main barrel again untill tommorrow to give the grip handle a proper cure time.

ofCM4Jr.jpg

I don't think it looks too bad, you could fix it up with a little automotive bondo :D. Build is coming along nicely, could add some thread and a nut to both of the code cylinders to make them look real sweet. Keep up the good work :D

i was looking to get  a one part 5 minute glue as i have seen in other builds

eg tamiya and e6000

i went to a hobby shop and came home with this  (now not sure if it was my decision or the guy behind the counters)

RkdTxBb.jpg

HHzpS7t.jpg

Looks pretty much the same only takes longer to dry, just have to clamp bits a bit longer