New ATA Helmet build and lessons learned....

TKheehaw

Referencing the first pic I posted, it shows the glued in clips for the hard hat helmet band. These were zap a gapped in and didn't flinch when I put pressure on them to clip the band in.

This method worked great for the MOT helmet, but I suspect that MOT is slightly larger.  The fit was too snug and forward for the ATA helmet. May just have to clip the band out and replace w/ foam.

Added the bottom trim and the final product is below.

ATAhelmetfin_zps1404a84f.jpg

ATAfin3_zpsb9783b10.jpg

ATAinsidefin_zpsd95b97cc.jpg

ATAfinback_zpscdf44d91.jpg

This may open up a can of worms, but the tube stripes are the Hombrol #15 not the # 14 French Blue. Anyone thinking about commenting, please hold your horses for a sec. 

In the screen shots I took from ANH on DVD, it looks as if the tube stripes are a different color than the ab bottons. This may be a variation in lighting, camera angle, personal perception, or what ever. To tell you the truth... I like the darker color for the tube stripes. I also understand that the new requirements state the French blue should be used for the stripes.

I've started a new ATA helmet that I hope to submit for Expert or Cent. some time this year.  This one will be all paint and NO stickers. Even though they were easy to install (thanks trooper bay). The stencils have already arrived and some Testor's French Blue is in house.

As usual any and all comments are welcome.

Thanks to everyone's help and input in this helmet!  Can't wait for the next one!!!!!!!  Maybe a TM in the future.. Who knows....   : :smiley-sw013: