TKBoots Sizing

Hi all,

I know that there are probably several responses that have been made with regards to TKBoots sizes, but I want to be absolutely sure of what i'm buying before I place an order.

I know that TKBoots is down to limited inventory before they find their new supplier (undetermined amount of time or quality of the product) and I don't want to have to wait for months and months before I find something.  I found that there was availability with my size but I am concerned about the way that their sizing page is written and some of the things i've read here.

If I am a half size shoe normally and based on their site the shoes run "a tiny, tiny bit long and just a little narrow"  does this translate into basically the shoes are bigger than advertised so you really don't need to stress about getting that 1/2 size larger in order to fit in them as they claim?

My concern is that due to their limited quantity / sizing available, I don't want to pay the $68 + $15 shipping = $83 price tag only to find out that they are way too small or way too big.

Can anyone clarify for me and help ease my mind on this purchase?

Thanks in advance

Depending on the size, if they didn't fit well, good chance you could resell them easily.

What size are you thinking of buying?

I have always heard that they run a tad large,, never small... so if you were 11.5, an 11 would be perfect.. too bad I just bought the last pair of 11s :P mine should be here any day, my feet measure exactly 11 inches so I will post how they fit (if you haven't already purchased a pair)

Edited by Palpatine1977

I wear a size 10 1/2 usually and my tk boots in size 10 are perfect if that helps at all.

This helps a lot actually, I appreciate your input.

I have always heard that they run a tad large,, never small... so if you were 11.5, an 11 would be perfect.. too bad I just bought the last pair of 11s :P mine should be here any day, my feet measure exactly 11 inches so I will post how they fit (if you haven't already purchased a pair)

Great. Thank you! Two confirming the same = they run 1/2 size too big.

Depending on the size, if they didn't fit well, good chance you could resell them easily. What size are you thinking of buying?

This is a good point, assuming there are actually any troopers my shoe size looking for boots after I get mine lol.

Depending on the size, if they didn't fit well, good chance you could resell them easily. What size are you thinking of buying?

He's right, TK boots are a hot commodity lol, especially now since they will be ceasing production, albeit hopefully temporarily... so I doubt you'd have any problems re-selling if need be... also, i'm no expert, but i hear with leather, you can stretch it somewhat too..

I wear a size 10 1/2 usually and my tk boots in size 10 are perfect if that helps at all.

What is your foot length? There are so many different tips about boots sizing by country-to-country standards. I know exactly that boots size US 11 made in US is 11, but size US 11 made in China may be actual 11,5. The actual dimensions of TK boots will be very good.

Mine fit perfectly, but they do leave a bit of room for some comfy insoles, which is nice for troopng. So, I guess they might run a hair large.

Always better to go larger than smaller if ever in doubt. :)

Mine fit perfectly, but they do leave a bit of room for some comfy insoles, which is nice for troopng. So, I guess they might run a hair large.

Always better to go larger than smaller if ever in doubt. :)

What insoles do you guys recommend for these boots?   What is most comfortable and provides the best feel when trooping (especially long troops) ?