Helmet sizing - XL?

Because I have run into this many times before I thought I'd ask before I drop any money.

I have a large head. Like 24.5". I have a hell of a time buying helmets or even hats for that matter.

What are the different helmets like as far as size is concerned?

RT-Mod makes a bigger helmet. I wear an ATA and have worn an RT-Mod as well. With padding they feel the about the same to me. My best suggestion is to talk to folks in your local Garrison and ask if they are doing an armor party anytime soon and ask to try on a few different helmets while you are there and see what you think. Both of them need some help getting them on but inside they feel about the same with respect to room inside the lid.

An RT-Mod with the screen accurate foam and chin straps should fit you though. I can measure the inside of my helmets and give you an idea of how mine compare unless someone beats me to it.

Good luck man,

Isaac

Does this help? It's my RT-MOD helmet minus the neck trim:

----------

My hat size is 7 5/8 and I also have an ATA which is smaller inside but still fits. The ATA opening is a bit smaller but if I wanted to I could trim the opening wider... as with any helmet you build yourself. My RT-MOD fits me just as well. There's ever so slightly more room in the RT-MOD helmet which means I have much less padding in the ATA than the RT-MOD. A TE2 also fits just as nicely on my big squash as the ATA. However I feel claustrophobic in an AP helmet. 

It still remains to be seen if the new NE helmet is bigger than one that has screen lineage.

Aloha,

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I also have the RT-MOD and we have the same size head so you should be OK. I've got 2 squirrel fans & a Wireless Mike Module in mine & with care can still get it on and off OK.

As a comparison I can just barely get a standard EFX bucket on, but it squashes up tight against my cheeks & I wouldn't be able to see out of it to troop in.

Keep in mind the RT-MOD has quite a big return edge under the chin which you can trim back a bit.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Craig

• 1 month later...