Helmet speaker system

I have been looking into the skullworx system and have found that I may be able to build the same set up for less with more performance. The complaint I hear most is that the system is not very loud due to the low wattage of the speakers. I have found some 3/4 inch 25 watt boat speakers on the web which I should be able to pair with a 2x25 watt amp from Canakit. The amp requires 13 to 20 v to operate so 2 9v batteries ran in series should provide the power needed. In theory I think it could work and I could have a self contained system with speakers in the aerators. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Don't use their included aerators if you hope to get EIB. They are inaccurate. If you are going to use your own speakers you might as well try to build them into other accurate aerators or mount them inside the helmet behind them instead.

I do not have pics as this is just an idea... Here are some links so that you may look into it yourself.

-----------

Locitus, can you recommend a set of hovies that would work with this build?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now it makes sense LOL I thought you were using them to hear, not to be heard. You may want to double check your batteries though, the amp you posted wants 30-45v, not 13-20v.

Forgot to ask- would you mind linking the speakers you found? 

Edited by Bernarr