How do I mod a ThinkGeek Personal Soundtrack Shirt to output to Aker Amp

I am thinking of picking up one of the Personal Soundtrack shirts and adding various sounds for my kits to loop or single play via an SD card.

What I am not sure about, and I am having trouble finding is how do I modify it to work with an Aker Amp versus the speaker it comes with? I am concerned that the file selection box has a build in amp to drive the tshirt speaker and I don;t want to overload the Aker by pumping too much signal to it.

Does anyone have one of these shirts and done a similar mod?

I was looking at these s while a go, I couldn't find any info about using an external speaker but if you can use your own device with its speaker then it must be able to pump out a bit of volume. I liked the idea of being able to import your own files too, could load any Star Wars noises, chatter and so on, you can also loop files. I think it may go on to the wish list, if I can stop buying costumes lol

I really want this for my Tusken vs my TK (the TK loop mp3 is adequate for that need). I prefer to use my amp/speaker I use for my tusken sound glove device, but would love to be able to use this to load grunts and howls and whatever so I can loop certain items and do certain ones one off on demand.

THats what i did for my Tusken!!!

Works awesome, zero issues. Will load pic

Aker mic, aker system, t-shirt sound board with male plug mod & keyboard

Aker system and male plug mod of t-shirt

----------

system plugged in good to go :)

Cool thing is that u can download the various Tusken sound links around and pop it in and have your own sound track and u have 20 options to make your own!!!! works awesome. and at top volume u can be hear at almost 150 ft if not more :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Ok cool. So it does work. Not having purchased one yet, Can you clarify how modded it. Was it just taking he speaker cable and dropping on a 1/8" stereo mini plug on the end and done? Or did you have to pop it open and rewire anything?