WoodChuck asks: Using one sound board for all of your blasters?

WoodChuck

WoodChuck here. Many of you know I am a magician as well as a replica prop arms dealer.

Magicians use illusion all the time to enhance their seemingly impossible feats of magic.

Sound is a great item for illusions. The human mind will compensate and tell itself

the source of a sound is coming from where the eyes see the action happening.

For instance, if you are in the audience, and you see a trooper raise his blaster

and squeeze the trigger, your mind expects something to happen. Usually a bright

blue LED flashes, and perhaps some sounds are emitted from the blaster.

What if you have a pistol that is too small to fit a sound board in?

You can try this, and the eyes will see the blue LED flash, the ears will hear the sound,

and the brain will compensate and say it is coming from the blaster, when the sound

is actually coming from the utility belt:

If you mounted the sound board, buttons and speaker in a small box , say on your belt,

you could have the hand that isn't holding the pistol resting on your belt, over the box.

That hand could press each of the sound buttons as your other hand points the pistol

and squeezes the trigger. the audience would see the bright blue LED flash,

and hear the sounds as you press the buttons. It would look and sound like the sound

is coming from the pistol.

Triktoys makes a programmable sound board for $99. You could have one sound board

that could sound like four different blasters.

Nice idea but why do want to just stun your victim would prefer red led's, lets at least try to kill the rebel scum, even if we can't hit the side of a barn LOL .

I use the soundboards from small cheap toy guns, normally around $6.00 and the board is only 1" x 1/2", the speakers are small enough to fit in e-11 pipes and they come with a vibration motor which give the realistic feel when you fire the gun.

I did a similar thing to your idea in my DLT-19 build, managed to fix everything into the side cover box.