Making Stormtrooper Armor

Hey, I was directed to ask my questions to the detachments directly since the answers to my questions would vary greatly depending on the type of armor. If this is in the wrong section, please move it to the spot that it belongs in.

Ok, now to the questions,

*Please note, the specific type of stormtrooper armor i'm talking about is ANH Stunt.

1.) How expensive is it to build a suit of armor?

2.) How long does it take?

3.) How difficult is it?(this is probably a stupid question, its obvious you put a lot of work into your armor)

4.) What tools/supplies do you use?

5.) Can I have someone build a set for me? Although, depending on the answers I could attempt making my own.

6.) All those questions, but for an E-11 rifle.

All answers are appreciated!

Sincerely,

An interested admirer of your Legion.

1. cost of suit + cost of supplies / tools to put it together + misc = roughly ~ 1000 bucks.

2. depends - if you know what you are doing and you use something that sets faster (less forgiving) than E6000 - a day to build / a day to trim / test out the fit - but most builds take a few days because you don't want to rush

3. on a scale of 1-10? I would say 6 or 7 but I am not a crafty person so... if you had fun with model kits as a kid you should be good to go

4. there is a nice list here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11760-basic-tools-needed-for-armour-building/

5. you could, but not really since it has to fit YOUR body - check out your local state / city garrison

6. You can buy one that's really nice for $200-250 from slavefive

The UKG has a mentor and armourer system.

This is to help new members with builds and ensure a quality product at the end.

Other garrisons may have this too.

Check your local garrison for such a system or even the next armour party that maybe being held.

If there isn't one, suggest it and join the garrisons forum :)

The time to build will vary greatly depending on the time you have available and how much help you have. While an experienced builder could probably take a suit from the box to finished in a few days if they were really pushed, I'd budget at least a few weeks to a month+. That leaves plenty of time for measuring twice and cutting once, as well as looking at references/asking questions here in between.

I can share that if you take your time, plan before you cut (Measure more then once), ASK ASK ASK questions. If you are not sure, folks on this site are full of great information, can lead you on a great path. Just be patient, cut slowly, take small bits at a time. This way you know for sure you are not overcutting then find yourself sqeezing into a part. The cost can very and the amount you put into it is the real question. I personally am at just under $1000 (US Dollars) so far, my E-11 was actually a freebie as it was a gift from a friend (Modifications to it were purchased).

Do not get frustrated! Enjoy your build and if you find yourself in a small rut, just step back and work on something else until you are ready to go back. Post pictures of your build as well, this will give the members of this forum a chance to share info while you are building. Outside of that, ENJOY!