AP Shin sizing help needed!

For reference, I am working with an AP kit that came to me PRE-trimmed.

I am on to the shin part of my build. I measured and marked the fronts so that I had a nice fit for my 20mm cover strips (10mm per side).

XVEf28x.jpg

I then align the marks and tape it off.

7WIBQLF.jpg

here shows a sample cover strip over the area.

B16VVzy.jpg

When I put the shin on to check how much to remove from the back to make a nice 25mm cover strip for the velcro attachment I quickly realize that I have no room to trim. The fit is quite tight with my boots.

MPxNyKj.jpg

1l2pVQS.jpg

nUZVOLz.jpg

Here you can see that the front is very tight against my leg, zero gap. if digs into the bone.

Xc1XGpg.jpg

If I add space to the front I will require a very large cover strip that will not match up with the thighs. OR I could live a larger than desirable ridge on the shin fronts.

I want this built to to come together to be EIB and Centurion worthy, so I am looking for your advice on how best to proceed.

Thanks, I will have a look tonight to see what I can do. The issue I have is spare ABS, my trimmed kit came with cover strips already cut and I only have enought spare to make my side shims, so I don't have material to do a 1.25" cover strip for the rear. I will losen up the front by a few more mm and see how that plays out around the backside.

Think that will give you the needet mm in the back.

Tight looking calves are what you should go for anyway. Just looks great not to have wobbly tubes around your legs.

Go for it you ll be surely succesful!

(....smile....)

Edited by Dr.Senf

Think that will give you the needet mm in the back.

Tight looking calves are what you should go for anyway. Just looks great not to have wobbly tubes around your legs.

Go for it you ll be surely succesful!

(....smile....)

Sven, you are trying soo hard in every thread to be nice after all the crazy debates recently. I am going to always be open to feedback and opinions from all members, so you can be honest with me any time. Once my threads get taken over with debates though, I will ask for folks to take it outside ;)

I agree that I want a nice no wobbly fit, but I also don;t want it denting the bone from being too tight around the knee, I will play around with it to find a compromise. My bigger issue is I have no spare ABS to make a bigger covers trip, so I am going to see what I can do with the 20mm one for the front and 25mm one I have in the back and just live with a bit more of a ridge.

Super excited to get the pieces all to a stage where I can put them all on to determine what adjustments will be needed across the board!

c

Thanks but this time i was just nice not tried to be. ; )

I think somebody has some spare and will help you out with some plastic if its not enough after stealing couple of mm at the front.

I had the untrimmed AP and have loads of spare left.

But shipping will be expensive i think.

Or mark can send maybe some if you ask him.