Tell me about reshaping the FX thighs

TI-3844

I'm sure this is old news for you FX wearers, and is probably covered in an armour-building tutorial/blog somewhere, but I thought I'd check with you knowledgeable guys... thing is, the shape of the assembled thighs is... interesting. They seem to be wide and squarish, not oblong in a thigh-kind of way. I thought I'd check with you guys - would it be an idea to use a hot air gun and reshape the thighs for a more anatomical fit? Also, any direct tips/instructions on how to do it?

TI-3844 said:
I'm sure this is old news for you FX wearers, and is probably covered in an armour-building tutorial/blog somewhere, but I thought I'd check with you knowledgeable guys... thing is, the shape of the assembled thighs is... interesting. They seem to be wide and squarish, not oblong in a thigh-kind of way. I thought I'd check with you guys - would it be an idea to use a hot air gun and reshape the thighs for a more anatomical fit? Also, any direct tips/instructions on how to do it?

well, the first thing I did was put a ample amount of velcro on the back of the thigh for measuring purposes..then I squeezed them onto the bottom of my thigh, and then mrked it in the back both at the botom and the top of the thigh...I then slid the thighs off and took the velcro off and drew a line from the bottom mark to the top mark, then I glues them together with ABS glue, here is a pic of my thighs, as you can see they do not have the square FX look anymore, I think that it is crucial to fix the thighs on the FX in order for it to look at least better :)

FkVePRl.jpg

IPHa2ek.jpg

Ks0lSRO.jpg

CIHELw8.jpg

Thanks! So if I'm reading this correctly, in order to reshape the thighs, you simply adjusted the angle of the back seams?

Sounds like a plan... thing is, I'm not sure whether I'll have to shim or not. My initial idea was to glue the fronts and heat the thighs to submission. Once the shape's more rounded, I'll see if I can wear them as-is or if I need shimming... does this sound like I'm going the wrong way about this?

Thanks! So if I'm reading this correctly, in order to reshape the thighs, you simply adjusted the angle of the back seams?

Sounds like a plan... thing is, I'm not sure whether I'll have to shim or not. My initial idea was to glue the fronts and heat the thighs to submission. Once the shape's more rounded, I'll see if I can wear them as-is or if I need shimming... does this sound like I'm going the wrong way about this?

not at all, in the end you have to do what works right for you, the way I did mine was just my own solution to the FX thighs :) , I'm sure your idea will work out just fine as long as you don't over heat the plastic :unsure: