Little Helmet Repair

Soon after I completed my helmet I tried to strengthen the area with the mic tips (as the pull became very thin there) using ABS putty. Unfortunately my planning and execution were a bit...bad.

Long story short I ended up with the mic tips sealed into the helmet with about 5 - 7 mm of solid plastic under them. That and the putty melted the inner part of the recesses and was completed melded with them.

So not only did it look like felgercarb, but I could not get the tips out and they broke when I tried to pull them out.

This was the result after Comic Con, the trip home did a fair bit of damage...

uxfxTvC.jpg

Basically the mic tips were completely smashed to pieces and I ripped a hole in one recess of my helmet. The same thing was going to happen to the other side so I ended up drilling/sanding that out instead.

I repaired the main hole with this blue and yellow tape putty stuff and then covered it over with a layer of ABS putty to make it white again.

To fix the 'plug' I drilled it out with my dremel and sanded it down. Unfortunately that ripped a hole in that side too. So I just used electrical tape to cover the hole and then covered it with a layer of ABS putty too. :D

This was the result:

Sn1ebTW.jpg

Once I put the mic tips back in it should be all good, then I should also be able to apply for EIB. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021