AKER amp mod ?

Hey there,

I've tried several solutions for voice in my bucket. There's pretty much two possibilites: Amp under my chestplate or amp in my bucket.

Since I own an AKER there's no way I can get this in my bucket together with my head, it's simply to big (the amp).

I also can't put it under my (current) chestplate cause it would lift it up at one side.

So I opened up the AKER. Turns out most of the big housing is for the speaker, the circuit board is kinda "build" around the speaker with the batteries in the lower part of the housing.

Board, speaker and batteries are connected via plugs, easy to disasemble.

I was thinking of something like a custom housing for the board only, with the speaker and batteries separated so you can use the space you have in your helmet plus you can change to a smaller speaker or mic tip speakers you have in your helmet.

My custom housing was a total fail though, so I figured I might as well put the board in a small plastic bag or just leave it blank. Do you thing the board might die because of moisture in the helmet ?

Anyone ever done an AKER mod ? Any housing from other products that might fit the AKER board ?

I wouldn't suggest putting the board in a plastic bag, the board will need to breath in order to stay cool and dry. You could leave the board exposed and put some sort of cover over it to hide it and keep it protected from pokes and stray fingers.

I would say hard cover as well, or at least semi rigid. Putting a soft cover would cause a problem if it came into contact with the board and could transfer moisture as well.