Fresh air...

John

I just spent the last two hours dremeling out the frown of my bucket...and placing the screening behind the new openings....what a HUGE difference this easy mod makes...

Originally, I was going to just drill "round" holes in the center of the black frown stickers...but, as you all probably guessed (and you can see by the photos) is really looked bad...to say the least... So, I decided to remove all of the black frown sticker areas (carefully leaving the gray sticker areas alone). I then used several different sized drill bits to edge away the areas... beginning with the biggest drill bit to get the basic area out that I wanted...then down-sizing to the smallest drill bit that I had to "fine-tune" and level out the cuts...

Last I hot-glued the charcoal colored screening on the inside.

For those of you that have already done this... you know the big difference that these openinigs can make.... and for those of you that haven't done this yet....you HAVE to do it.

In fact, if there are any of you in the Colorado Springs - Denver area that would like some help, please let me know.... I had a BLAST doing it.

Looks great John! I just finished doing the same thing myself. Had a little trouble in the painting area, but it all came out fine: gallery_1074_80_103981.jpg

You might want to try painting around the edges of the holes, just so you don't see the white outline. Just my $.02. :)

Looks fantastic! You did a great job!

Looks terrific. I wis my first attempt would have gone so well. I the initial hole were a bit smaller than they should be and because my stickers did not fare so well I ended up painting my frown and despite all my carreful attempts at masking things appropriately I ended up with a really thick frown...would hve been fine if I had intended to go ROTJ with a black frown. SO now I'm at it again. Hopefully this time I nail it because I'm going to run out of plastic if I don't. Here is my current, will post final results later.

Lookin' good, guys!

I did the same thing over Thanksgiving weekend. I had all kinds of fun; goofed-up on post-turkey tryptophan, geeking out with my AP helmet.

It was awesome!

Can't wait to get started on the armor!

Thanks for that... I appreciate it.

From your photo...it doesn't look to terribly bad. Quite possibly you can find a thread that can help you make any necessary repairs..

Thanks again...and GOOD LUCK to you....