ROTJ E-11 question about L2A3 Parts

rhapsodyred99

First off I know they used MGC canadian C-1 Sterling replicas for the film. But considering they are unbelievably rare and cost more than my deactivated L2A3 I have a question.

In my bid to build an accurate ANH blaster I got several deactivated (I.E. cut up) L2A3s. I then stumbled on a great deal for a full deactivated L2A3 so the parts went unused.

I was wondering if I used a lexan pipe with 1.5 OD for the receiver tube, if using the handle/trigger, stock, clip holder and end cap from my parts inventory would look too much like an L2A3 and not the MGC.

I know I would have to do square instead of rounded ejector port and muzzle off sets as well as a whole new front end, and possibly do something about the wording on the sterling clip holder, but being able to use the existing sterling parts would help the build considerably.

Obviously I know you 'can" do anything you want, but since I am trying to go for as close to accurate as I can I am not sure if using L2A3 parts would work at all.

Since I have never had an MGC in my hands I can only compare pictures and it looks to me like the stock, handle and endcap are fairly close at least.

Thanks,

PS.

Whats with the no love for Jedi? First post since April of this year???

Edited by rhapsodyred99

I still think it funny in a sad way that a "fake" gun costs more than a Real sterling...well a real deactivated Sterling which I guess is in itself a fake gun....now I have confused myself :D

I suppose since not as many MGC's were made vs. the good ol L2A3 it makes sense.

I even looked at a "real" Canadian C-1, but it looks to me like the Canafdian version used the same handle, stock, end cap, and clip holder as a normal L2A3.

you're not correct the stock end cap and mag well are not the same on the MGC

it's not canadian... it's pure MGC

no detail on the L2A3 is found on the MGC... it's all different...

even the diameter of the main tube is changed.

we've been looking at the ROTJ blaster for many many years. why don't you look for more info...

you say "the film" and you're not correct... the MGC was only used in ROTJ.

no other film sports the Machine Gun Company version of the sterling.

it was not used in A New Hope.

the grip is not the same... the barrel end or muzzle is not the same... no part of the MGC is

the british L2A3. not one part. not even the bolt and inner barrel are the same.

the sterling was made in several different countries, and versions... the MGC is pure ROTJ.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

when I said "the film" I meant ROTJ.

I know that only MGCs were used for ROTJ.

However MGCs version of the sterling was based on the Sterling that was created for the Canadian Military. The C-1.

The MGC made their own version based on the C-1, but as it was a model of a real gun, the details differ. That is what I meant by the real Canadian Sterling C-1 Looking different than a MGC. You can get a deactivated C-1 If you look hard enough, but the MGC is nearly impossible to find.

Here are the details on the Real Gun the MGC was based on:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?9144-Canadian-Sterling-C1/page2

and even better

http://mpmuseum.org/securweapon.html

So I was not saying that real SMG was used in Jedi, I know it was not, I was simply saying the MGC that WAS used is so hard to find that I was looking at the real gun the MGC was based on which is easier to find. Looking at the real c-1 Sterling it seems to be very close to the L2A3 parts for endcap, stock, Handle, and clip holder. Thats what I was saying.

I never meant to imply in anyway anything but a MGC was used for Jedi, or that it was used in in any other movies or films than Jedi.

Sorry for the confusion :P

well the canadian sterling was not used in ROTJ... so...

and the L2A3 was not used... so why are you asking?

the MGC was the only version shown in closeups in ROTJ..

perhaps we can find another screenshot... but so far you're just

not getting the fact that L2A3 parts were never used in ROTJ.

you already answered your own question.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I found some better pictures and Unfortunately the L2A3 parts though very similar do not match up to the Canadian C-1. The grip is nearly identical with the exception of the flat serial plate on the L2A3, the stock is very close but not exact, and the end cap is totally different.

The MGC version is even more different. I guess a copy (MGC) of a copy (C-1) is far enough removed as to make L2A3 parts usable for a "close enough" build but not something I would be happy with.

I do think you could probably score the Canadian c-1 parts that occasionally pop up and be very close to the MGC, but Alas if you want the best you can get then you have to find an MGC.

I guess I knew this but was looking for a cheaper way out.

I was hoping to stir some activity on ROTJ Blaster building as no one seems overly interested in them.

Edited by rhapsodyred99

Yes I am currently in discussion with him about Armor, just working out the details.

Never occurred to me to ask him about a blaster...

I see sci Fire still has their Hyperfim ROTJ versions, which I may get if I troop as a ROTJ trooper (how do you find out the number of ROTJ troopers vs other types? On the 501st page I see tks but they do not seem to be broken into types...)

But for display I want a 'real" version next to my "real" anh deactivated sterling Version.

Thanks for your comments they were quite helpful. I Knew iN my Heart of Hearts L2A3s were not going to work for true Jedi Build but I had hopes lol.