Calling all average sized troopers!

Hi, I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the original casting call for the troopers was for guys about 5 foot 10 and 160 pounds.

EDIT: I found this on 'the various types of armor and where to find them' thread

"ANH Derived armor (TE2, AP) was sculpted for a typical UK actor circa 1976, e.g. 5'10" and 165lbs"

I am exactly this size, so I thought it would be a great costume for me. I wouldn't do a vader, or a wookie because I'm not tall enough.

With that said, I was wondering if there's any advice from others that are my size. When I search the forum it is hard to discern which builds to follow and what advice to take because we are all sizes.

I think it would be cool if we organized by size, so that way the big troopers can discuss enlarging, shimming, and things like that. While the average to smaller troopers can discuss cutting, padding, and such.

Furthermore, I think it would be cool if there were a place here for the female troopers to gather and discuss the unique building techniques that women use to make their armor fit.

Getting back to my point, is there any good resources to make my (ATA) armor fit me properly?

Any help is appreciated, and the administrators should totally consider adding just two more forums to the overall forum: Big and tall troopers, and average to small troopers.

Edited by bigtrev503

I am working on getting an ABS kit now. I will custom make a chest plate when I can get a vacuumforming table up and running, or use one of my brother's friends' tables. I like the idea of build forum for different heights! There is a lot of info through which to sift!

You can pretty much fit any kit at that size, just would have to trim more or less. :) AP, being the only one I am really familiar with, is great for the slender guy (or gal). And we do have some threads just for the ladies, but it's not terribly different. I just asked another female TK how she was handling certain problem areas, and others have asked me... mostly the issue is when they are smaller than a small guy. Lucky me I'm 5'11.

Seriously, this is frustrating. I am using the search function to bring up all ATA builds. When I get to them, they usually sound like this: "Yay, I got my big brown box today! So excited! I will work on the helmet first."

Then I read down a ways.

"Now I'll start construction on the armor. I'm really tall so I'll have to modify to accommodate that."

I'm not super tall, so I click the back button and choose another one. Whoops! That trooper is larger than I am.

I feel like I've been spending the past month trying to narrow down the build threads that have both my armor make and a similar body size as I do.

Bah! Frustrating.