Blaster question

hi kirk, overall it looks pretty decent for a scratchbuild. ;)

there are only a few things you would need to change for EIB.

here is the requirements for EIB that show what would need to be fixed on your blaster.

• No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster.
  • Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).

the U shaped tracks and the d-ring in the front are both ROTJ details and should not be present on an ANH blaster. i would suggest removing the u-tracks and replacing them with T-tracks. you can make T shaped tracks very easily with the tines from a garden rake like this one LINK this is simple and cheap way to make the proper "T" profile tracks for the barrel :)

IMAG0035.jpg?t=1334702314

also it is not stated in the requirements but it looks like the end detail on the folding stock is attached up-side-down

star_wars_stormtrooper_e_11_blaster.jpg?t=1334702987

other than that i would suggest you could put a coat of flat black paint over the unpainted plastic parts to get a consistent color. but that is not required for EI and completely optional ;)

hope to see apply soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to be the A..hole.

but for me its far away from being a pass.

its a nice scratchbuild Blasterthingy but actually it has not really something to do with a e11 in my opinion.

Its good to be a Blaster for trooping ok i ll give you that but for ELITE !!!!!!!!!!! infantry????

Cmon Guys dont let the standarts drop that far!!!!

I dont mean it in a bad way but lets be fair to Kirk, thats just not even close to EIB.

As always.... just my 2 ct

Edit, sometimes its not just getting the requirements sortet its the complete appearance of Armor and weapons that is important aswell.

Sorry kirk dont take it personal.

Edited by Dr.Senf

sorry to be the A..hole.

but for me its far away from being a pass.

its a nice scratchbuild Blasterthingy but actually it has not really something to do with a e11 in my opinion.

Its good to be a Blaster for trooping ok i ll give you that but for ELITE !!!!!!!!!!! infantry????

Cmon Guys dont let the standarts drop that far!!!!

I dont mean it in a bad way but lets be fair to Kirk, thats just not even close to EIB.

As always.... just my 2 ct

Edit, sometimes its not just getting the requirements sortet its the complete appearance of Armor and weapons that is important aswell.

Sorry kirk dont take it personal.

Ouch!!

So is that it then, just scrap it and start over? :/ probably not gonna happen,... Oh well was a nice thought anyway.

Dont get me wrong its just my opinion and the last words are spoken by the responsible people here in FISD.

I like the efford and your skills to scratchbuild a blaster and like i said its not that bad. But as you know EIB and Centurion are the certificates for people who go the extra mile to get details spot on.

For trooping your Blaster is alright no doubt but i think its not good enough to represent "the extra mile"

Dont be frustratet just because i said my sight of things. I have no descision in this case.

You might get eib anyway since the people who take those descisions like your project and i will not fight their final words but i think since we re all part of the 501st wich is known as the most recognizable costumeclub we should keep the standarts for eib and centurion high enough to "honor" the people who put in more then the usual work and efford in their costumes to represent the 501st.

I hope you know what i mean and dont feel bad about it!!!

Keep your head high and maybe put some more sweat and blood into your e11 and it will be great i am sure.

Best Dr.Senf

Edited by Dr.Senf