Best trimming snips?

After researching this for awhile I have mostly only turned up the "Shopping list" posts for trimming tools, so 怒ã£ã¦ã¯ã„ã‘ãªã„ï¼

I would like to know what the best "scissors" are for trimming armor. Don't really want to use the dremmel. So, in your opinion what is best? I'm trying to find something that will just glide right through ATA's ABS.

Note: please explain in detail what I am looking for. Pictures would be GREAT. Everything here is packaged in Japanese, so just "type x" won't be enough info.

Thank you all in advance.

Edited by TK5492

I'll second the razor for scoring and snapping. There are a few parts that I wouldn't use it on but as long as you mark where you need to cut first you shouldn't mess up your armor at all. Just keep in mind that if you do hard angles and don't sand them down you might create a weak spot in the armor that may being to crack!

e: otherwise just use something called Lexan scissors.

s9trZ.jpg

If you can't find any locally I can send you mine!

Edited by anphrax

Thank you for your gracious offer Andy. I will try and find them locally though.

I will attempt the score and snap technique also. Thanks guys - Troopers helping Troopers at it's finest.

The best way to trim I have found is score and snap. I have those plastic cutting curved scissors and they are really a pain to use. I mark everything with a pencil then just follow the line with a razor. Make sure you use a fresh razor also, it makes it a lot easier. You DO NOT want to screw up while scoring the plastic.

Just keep in mind that you don't have to really press hard. If it makes it easier for you, you can trace where you want to score with a pencil, lightly score with the razor and then go over that little "track" again. You might need to pick up some pliers for the smaller areas but it works real well.

• 2 months later...