Popups fail in IE10

Brent

I realize tracking down IE10 issues may be a bit premature so I've been using compatibility mode up until now to avoid IE10 problems. However the new skin has different layout issues with compatibility mode that actually seem to be fine in IE10 normal mode so it would be nice to figure out what's wrong with menus in IE10. For now I'm stuck between broken layout or broken scripts :(

In IE10 all the menus fail to pop up. This includes notifications, PMs, switching search mode, etc. This occurs in all themes.

The failure occurs in this file: http://forum.whitear...94f20488fc&g=js

at line 284, character 95:

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'replace': object is null or undefined

Callstack:

> stripAlpha, index.php, line 284

setOpacity, index.php, line 286

_methodized, index.php, line 60

update, index.php, line 607

Anonymous function, index.php, line 602

loop, index.php, line 604

loop, index.php, line 596

Anonymous function, index.php, line 54

The "filter" variable is undefined.

A possible workaround would be replacing:

return filter.replace(/alpha\([^\)]*\)/gi,'');

with

return filter===undefined?'':filter.replace(/alpha\([^\)]*\)/gi,'');

I can't really test this since I can't modify the source files, and this probably won't fix the underlying issue, which is that somewhere along the line the 'filter' variable isn't getting properly set.

Maybe there is an update for whatever library this is using?

Thanks Brent - this is good info to have. 99.9% of the javascript is built right into the forum software so the software developers will need to be aware of this. There are currently no IE10 update scripts available but I'm sure it will come. Your solution definitely seems to make sense on paper - if it maintains workability in all other browsers I will implement it in readiness for IE10 full public uptake.

Hey Brent - you can also send this to Invision too, and they may fix it in their next release. Given that millions of people will using it in the fall, the sooner they fix this the better.

It looks like Invision's technical support requires I have "Client Access" to their forums, so I can't post a topic or search through their existing support tickets. Whoever has the e-mail and password for their support forums will probably have to post the request. Their support forums have the same issue, so hopefully it will get caught soon.

In the mean time I'll start a separate thread with the layout issues I'm having with compatibility mode.