Ab Button Plate

Hello all,

I am in need of some advice with my build. I have an abs ata kit I am working on. I think I goofed and cut the ab 5 button plate too short. What I am wondering is if the ab button plate needs to rest on top of the section it needs to be glued to or if it can be inlayed into the rectangle area on the ab plate? I would like to see if I can fix the problem myself or if I have to get a new plate and start over. I talked to my garrison attache and he suggested I ask here before I go any further with it.

Pics:

DSC03857.jpg

DSC03858.jpg

DSC03859.jpg

Thanks for the help in advance.

Geoff

I cut my plate to be slightly less that the size of the space it fit over. I darkened the plate so you could see where it is compared the the space it glued to.

abdots.jpg

here are some trimmed AB detail plates for reference..

DSCN1403.jpg

DSCN1402.jpg

abbutts007.jpg

you can see in the printout on the left, a screen used AB plate has the flat "return edge" this will also make it easier to glue ;)

abbutts.jpg

looks like you trimmed off a bit too much. i would think it would be hard to keep it glued on without some of the flat surface

you could glue it to a flat piece and trim it again

Jesse has a good idea, I had bought a kit and some of the pieces were over trimmed. So i had to improvise. You can do it like this pic, just no bondo. Since you are using abs it's easy!

capanhdetails062.jpg