Loakes? How they fit?

I have a question about Loakes boots.

How do they fit? My size is a U.S. 8.0 - 8.5. Do they fit snug arround the foot? Or do they run big? How is the support arround the heel and ankle? Do the toes feel crunched at the front?

I have original TK Boots in a U.S. size 9.0 and they are big. I have the new TK Boot in a U.S. 8.0 and they are still loose arround the foot and there is more room from the end of the toe to the tip of the boot.

Andy

They will stretch a little over time until they are worn in. I'm a uk 11 and wear uk 11 loakes to troop in. I used to wear regular sports socks but found after a full days troop my feet swelled from the heat and I found it very hard to take my boots off so now use thin style socks and have no trouble.

I would buy whatever size would be the us/uk equivilant - a size down?

Mark,

Thanks for the info. I am looking to get a pair and sell my unused TK Boots! What I am worrying is how the toe front is. For Ice skates I am used to buying a half size smaller. I was wondering if my toes would be crushed if I get a half or a size smaller.

Cheers.

Andy