self-made ROTJ decals

Are you also able to make ESB ones?Or where i can get this vinyl foil.

Those RotJ ones looks realy nice.

Yes sir! I am currently sourcing the appropriate color to use for the ESB decals, just takes some time getting the color right. You can get the vinyl off ebay, or a printing store. I get mine from a local shop that produces vehicle decals and wraps.

Edited by TKCaleb

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Mark!

So far so good, I spoke with a gentleman located in my area who specializes in screen printing. He has been in the business 20+ years and knows quite a lot.

I talked with him about what I was doing, shown him some high res pics of the original helmet decals and he said I was on the right track.

Once I receive my screen mesh and frame, he is going to be building a stencil so that I can start printing these bad boys!

Stay tuned!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Caleb!

I'm gonna bring this topic back from the grave as I am on a quest to make correct screen printed decals for an ESB helmet. However the only person that I found that could make the, is not making them anymore. 

did you ever get around to making these decals?

I'm looking to screenprint ESB decals for my own helmet in the near future. I have a degree in fine art, so I damn well hope I can manage  :laugh1:

Got the vinyl on the way, need to find a fine mesh screen and know the definitive colour shades.

I saw on another thread that the decal shade of grey was matched with the AA decal sheet, as pictured on starwarshelmets.  Does anybody know the exact paint colour this would be? Going to contact starwarshelmets to see if they can remember.

Also curious if the decals were blank grey, cut out and placed ontop of black, I'll be able to tell as soon as I start