ROTJ mic tip mesh....

Is the mesh in the ROPTJ mic tips the same as the meh in the ANH/ESB Hovi's?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I remember seeing it discussed somewhere but cannot find it for the life of me....

cheers in advance....

The helmets that still had HOVIs in them did. The rest ... I don't think so because they were a different design. The screens were heavier gauge than the ANH HOVIs.

Edited by TK 4702

were they the same size squares or wider? I'm looking into getting a company to pre cut me iscs for the Hovi's and the ROTJ mic tips and wanted to get the correct mesh before shelling out for the 1000 minimum order !!!

Could they provide some samples?

ROTJ: HOVI Mic Tips

johnorigrotj13.jpg

RotJ_renov04.jpg

Those are not ROTJ helmets. They are ESB MKII helmets with resin Hovis like ANH. The ROTJ's are a different shape and I believe they are made from metal, although I am sure resin copies might have been used too.

I don't have any reference photos unfortuantely, but I do have a supplier for all guages of wire mesh. PM me if you need any help Mark.

They are in the ROTJ section on StarWars Helmets.com ... ROTJ Helmets used more than one style/kind of Mic Tip. Also, some of the ROTJ helmets were reconditioned ESB helmets, so they still had the HOVI style tips. The metal ones were shaped like this:

web.png?ver=13177580000001

Edited by TK 4702

• 2 weeks later...

My helmet pictured above came directly from the docking bay set of ROTJ so they could easily have been used in ROTJ but no screengrab evidence has been seen. You cannot say for sure they are ESB only without evidence... I agree though that they may have been made at the time of ESB but I believe they were re-used in ROTJ. They could easily be promo helmets as GINO suggested, no way to tell without solid evidence.

FYI The Propmasters Mk II helmet came from a extra on ROTJ.

Edited by JoeR