Armour on BIG troopers

I did a search round the site and couldn't really get an answer to my problem.

I've put on a bit of weight recently in my old age, and I'm developing quite a gut. I do intend to work it off, but it's created a problem when wearing my SDS armour- which had been on a mannequin for some time and hadn't been tried on recently.

My extra girth causes a real big gap with the ab section meaning the back and front sections have no chance of meeting up. This obviously causes alot of black undersuit to show down the sides.

What do most troopers in my situation do? Is it acceptable to walk around with the gap (and black) showing and just ignore it, or do people add an extra weight plate in between, in order to try and hide the fact the front and back ab sections don't meet up?

I'd be interested to know what other members do.

Thank's for that, great photo showing exactly the problem I've got. That's exactly what my gap looks like, but without the white insert.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't have the perfect frame to be a TK.

The reason this came about was when I measured myself for one of Rob's belts, I found I needed one 61 inches long!

Need to hit the gym I think.

On 10/29/2011 at 6:14 AM, BananoPower22 said:

Yeah, that's what most people do. A local garrison member bought some extra plastic and installed it with velcro

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Hey Ferg, dont forget that with the motto "Troopers helping troopers" there is this thread----------

I slapped on a load of weight after I got married and joined an online diet site in January this year and have shifted 2 and half stone, so I wish you well and Im proof it can be done.

Al

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Also thanks to Alan for the link. There was me thinking that I was the only one with this 'little' problem.

I think it comes from seeing loads of images of troopers with perfect fitting armour!

One day I might be able to get in to that Leia bikini (only kidding- I REALLY don't have one of those).