Fitting AM calves

mindphunk

I'm trying to finish this build and I'm having some issues with the calves. I understand that the AM calves overlap backwards and I need remedy that. My problem is that I have skinny legs. If I use the clamshell technique I think the calves will look too big on me. How do I make the circumference of the calves smaller and keep them that way while wearing them? I was thinking of maybe using elastic on the inside to pull them together? Tips please!!

Could try that or a while back I read something about using foam padding on the inside to help hold the armor against your calves. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to try the technique when my armor arrives for my forearms.

Edited by Turtle84

What I did, I read from one of Panda's threads, is glue the fronts first, then gently and carefully use a heat gun on the front edge to bring the backs closer together, closing the gap a bit. Just be very careful with that heat!

Cut the raised edges in the back that indicate the overlapped area, then butt join them the screen accurate way?

This is what I'm doing. It looks like the calves will be way too wide though. I need them to fit more snugly. Thats why I was questioning if I should use elastic on the inside.