Quick! Ran into issues (PICs)

We've been fitting and trimming for awhile. After our last cut, we did another test fit. This is what we are running into.

mI1p6kf.jpg

WrvbNF0.jpg

Advise? We're thinking that the cod piece is causing most of the gap, but still. We didn't want to cut any further until we got some eyes-on.

Thanks!

Pull the cod closer to your body. You might have to run some tape as a temporary crotch strap. See if that brings the two body armor halves into better alignment, then you will be able to tell if you need to shim.

Try a test by fitting the cod and butt plate together under your crotch with a piece of tape where the eventual strap would be. That might pull the cod in a bit more and give the side of the ab plate a better angle. Also, don't forget that your ab and kidney/butt armor will be suspended by some type of harness or suspender system that will probably hang over your shoulders...that will also straighten the angles out a bit. Right now you're just squeezing the two together with your hands and that isn't really how they are going to fit or hang from your body once your harness/suspender system is in place.

Ok... we taped together everything and basically put it on like a pair of shorts. Trust me when I say it was easier said than done lol. The chest area and waist were spot on where I wanted. This issue is still the cod area and butt plate. The only way I could walk was to spread my legs out. Since I want as little gap as possible when wearing the thigh pieces, I haven't even begun fitting them. I want to get all the upper armor first. This will let me know if/how I might need to do some trimming to the thighs.

I've circled areas that are way way too uncomfortable to even walk. I don't know if this is the best area to trim or not. On a side note, my ab and cod piece is still one piece. Recommendations?

Looks like you have the parts taped too tight together and too much return edge on the groin causing your discomfort.

I think if you trim the return edge a lot more (especially your cod piece) and have elastic straps holding the parts together, everything will feel much better. Your canvas belt will hold the waist closed once it is fitted to your armour. Use snaps to hold the belt in place on your ab plate and velcro to secure it at the back.

Also, it looks like your kidney plate may be upside down too?

I wouldn't trim any more off your armour until you have suited up fully and then had a chance to walk around in it. You will find with elastic holding everything together that your armour will feel much better. Keep things loose and I would not worry about a bit of a gap at the sides.

Rgr that. We were talking about the return edge on the cod and how much room that would add. Adding the elastic will add small gaps. I was telling my friend who is helping that gaps (minimizing of course) is ok. We just don't want overlap.

EDIT: I haven't trimmed any area off cod section thus far lol.

I'll double-check the kidney plate. I'm not too sure if the 'bend' is at the top or bottom.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by SmilesLikeJoker